Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > dual monitors - match display color?

dual monitors - match display color?
prolix
Forum Regular
Aug 5, 2002, 12:05 AM

i've got a dual display setup on my g4. i run a 18.1" sony lcd(dvi) and then a 17" sony crt. the colors between the two are a bit different, the lcd seems a bit brighter and the crt colors seem darker. i know that b/c of the technology they will be diff (they both run the corect color profile for the specific display and also are both set for the same color temp).

is there any good way to go about matching up the colors on these two displays?

l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2002, 12:24 AM

Not really. Just moving your head up and down changes the colors on an LCD. I have a 17" apple CRT and a cheap generic 15" LCD, and the colors are way off. I keep all my Adobe pallets off on the second monitor, and I just have to make sure I drag the palette over to my main screen when I choose a color, else it will be way off.

dannyn
Aug 5, 2002, 07:44 PM

You might want to try adjusting the color outputs on the displays themselves. If your monitors are supported, OSX's Displays preferences panel might allow you to adjust the colors on the monitors (I can do it with my Cinema Display). If you're using OS 9, you can use Adobe Gamma to adjust the displays.
Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog

Forum Links
Forum Rules