Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > window disappear

window disappear
iccsd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 18, 2001, 01:55 PM

In one of our schools they are reporting the following. When a window has accidentally been moved partly off the screen (with some ofthe window still visible) you can't drag the window back onscreen. To fix it, I use Command-W to close the window, then when I reopen it, it's back onscreen. Still, I'm wondering why it won't let me drag it all the way onscreen.
I have not seen it yet but anyone have any ideas? This might relate to my previous post.

Allah
Forum Regular
May 28, 2001, 01:52 PM

What kind of Macs are these. What version of the OS are they running. In OS 8 and above you can drag a window by the sides and bottom. In 7.x windiws can only be dragged by the top.

------------------
Carp� Bandwidth
Carp� Bandwidth

ddiokno
Mac Elite
May 28, 2001, 04:36 PM

does this also happen to your launcher window? I know of cases where the launcher window becomes so big and runs off the screen, and there is no way to resize it because you can't ever get to the bottom... for cases like this, you simply trash the launcher preferences and then are good to go....
dave

Forum Links
Forum Rules