Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Default AppleTalk Zone Not Visible

Default AppleTalk Zone Not Visible
Buran
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 6, 2004, 06:46 PM

I'm trying to help one of our faculty members fix a problem with his new OS X installation.

He is in our Oncology AppleTalk zone, and his computer properly recognizes that it is in that zone if the Network control panel is opened to find out which zone the Ethernet interface thinks it's in. However, if you then try to browse the network to connect to a server, the Oncology zone doesn't show up -- even though the rest of them do.

If I go downstairs to my computer (PBDVI, 10.3.3), which is in the Cell Biology zone, Oncology shows up. I can also see my own zone.

It seems odd to me that a computer can't see the zone that it's in. Any ideas out there?
If you go to Za'ha'dum, you will die...

Forum Links
Forum Rules