Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Address labels on Pages

Address labels on Pages
jretzner
Forum Regular
Jan 1, 2020, 01:47 AM

Is it possible to print address labels with Pages? I have unsuccessfully looked and looked for them to no avail.

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 1, 2020, 07:52 PM

Avery, the label people, provide templates for all (or at least most) of their products, free of charge. Most of those are available as Pages templates. Look HERE for their search function.

I believe either Pages interfaces with Contacts, or you can at least produce a mailing list straight from Contacts.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

andi*pandi
Jan 2, 2020, 11:57 AM

If you can't find an official template, make yer own. That's what I did for indesign.

reader50
Administrator
Jan 2, 2020, 11:34 PM

You can definitely print labels from within Contacts.

Select one or more Contacts

Contacts -> File -> Print... -> [Show Details button] if not already selected -> Style [ popup menu ]

Change the popup menu from "Envelopes" to "Mailing Labels". Then fiddle with the options below as desired. All the Avery layouts are supported, or you can customize as desired.

jretzner  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 13, 2020, 08:00 PM

Thank you! I have been under the weather and not computing much the past two weeks. I futzed around and found a way to download a template from Avery and made it work. I am still in the dark about what a Contact is however. Where, on the banner or wherever is "Contacts" located? Thanks.

reader50
Administrator
Jan 13, 2020, 08:20 PM

The Contacts app used to be called Address Book. It got renamed to Contacts in Mountain Lion.

If it isn't in your Dock, you can find it any time at the real location:

/Mac HD/Applications/Contacts.app

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jan 14, 2020, 06:06 AM

How do I print the same layout with, say, twenty different addresses?

It used to be that an address area was "smart", so you could just drag a contact there directly from the Address Book, and it would auto-populate the various fields with name, address, ZIP, etc. (Your own contact data in the header would be pre-filled.)

Dragging a group or several contacts at once would serialise the letter automatically.

Now, when I drag a contact to a Pages document, it will create a ****ing TABLE at that spot with Adress fields as lines, with a header. Dragging several contacts will add a table with that many line entries.

Is this something on my setup, or did Apple really completely **** one of the most amazing and Mac-like features of Pages?

Forum Links
Forum Rules