Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Laptop wont find magic keyboard

Laptop wont find magic keyboard
kevs
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2020, 04:45 PM

I took a three day trip, with my laptop, and come back home and my laptop wont find new (4 month old) magic keyboards. It does find the small bluetooth keyboard than come with imac, but neither of 2 large magics -- fully chrarged, I bought recently. Stumped.

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 2, 2020, 08:57 PM

Have you tried "forgetting" the Magic Keyboard?

Look in the laptop's Settings under Bluetooth. Delete that keyboard, exit out of Settings, then re-add the keyboard.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2020, 10:59 PM

thanks G that does not work. And quitting bluetooth and relaunching does not work. It does not recognize anything or connect. I wont now recognize even the other keyboard.

reader50
Administrator
Jan 2, 2020, 11:37 PM

If the cat slept on a keyboard while you were gone, it will be stone dead. Need recharge.

Also, even keyboards can crash today. Try turning each keyboard off, then on.

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2020, 11:40 PM

THANKS reader turned it off and on no luck. That the little switch that goes green right? Now when recharged does that switch need to be on or off or does it matter? Unlike an iphone no indication is charging correct? Is there some indication its been charged ok?

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2020, 11:42 PM

But again... the laptop wont recognize other keyboards, and it used to recognize my mac in the other room and connect to it. but wont anymore -- I think thats Bluetooth or maybe that was ... was shared thing, can't remember how that one works..

Forum Links
Forum Rules