Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PB G4 1GHz SD IN STOCK @ outpost

PB G4 1GHz SD IN STOCK @ outpost
sydric
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 18, 2002, 11:14 PM

by way of powerbookcentral.com

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/3502774
1 GHz PB G4 with SuperDrive, 1Gig RAM
GigeMac w/SuperDrive, 768 MB RAM
600 MHz iMac, 512 MB RAM

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2002, 11:17 PM

Nice heads-up, but I don't recommend that anyone buys from Outpost.com. They've simply merged with one of the most unfriendly, most poorly-run retail instutituions ever, Fry's Electronics. Incidentally, they're filing charges against my family for keeping a replacement notebook they provided for us under their "Performance Guarantee" extended warranty which they clearly violated by not fixing factory defects on the VAIO we bought just a year ago. It's just shady business I'd like to avoid.

I used to be a good customer of Outpost.com until they merged with Fry's. It's sad they've done this; I used to think they were one of the better on-line retail sites. What needs to be said has been said. If you still want to order from Outpost.com, there's nothing stopping you from doing so.

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2002, 11:21 PM

Fry's has probably gotten to them. They used to offer promotions like free cases and accessories with their Apple computers. Now, it seems that they're just selling what the rest of 'em are selling.

DigitalDNA
Forum Regular
Nov 18, 2002, 11:28 PM

Outpost.com was unfriendly and unprofessional before the merger
"Wise man say: Number of posts does not equate credibility when you post 50 times to a single thread."

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2002, 11:42 PM

Originally posted by DigitalDNA:
Outpost.com was unfriendly and unprofessional before the merger
Ehh, I have never dealt with anyone in customer relations; I just know they have shipped my orders quickly and have offered some pretty attractive deals in the past.

Forum Links
Forum Rules