Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Color gone from Powerbook!! (10.3.9)

Color gone from Powerbook!! (10.3.9)
kelesh
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 15, 2005, 11:33 AM

Somehow my kitten walking all over my powerbook keyboard while I was sleeping has left it monochrome, grayscale, no color at all, no transparency. Oddly enough, the login screen has color. I'm also using shapeshifter with a brushed theme, but that has never caused such a problem before. My display and color preferences seem fine in System Preferences, so I have no idea what could be going on. Any ideas? Software or hardware? What do I do?

Randman
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2005, 11:36 AM

Preferences > Universal Access > make sure the Switch to Greyscale is toggled off.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

JKT
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2005, 12:42 PM

Aren't cats just so incredibly devious - whenever they walk over Macs, they know precisely which key combinations to use to cause panic attacks in their owners

kelesh  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 15, 2005, 01:22 PM

I have two little adorable 7 months old kittens. The male loves to sit or lay on my keyboard(I guess because its warm, often at my side, and I pay attention to it). Slowly my keyboard is becoming less responsive. Often he quits my programs. One time he stood on the power button long enough to shut it down. ...and then there was the time the esc key had gooey feces on it, or saliva on the screen.

Any idea about good keyboard locking software? I know there are a few anti-cats programs for windows, but I've been unable to find them for OSX.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2005, 01:27 PM

what is the matter with you people...haaahahah. there is no way id let any animal just walk over my book, but i guess thats cause a) ive never had any pets and b) i treat my powerbook pretty well. regardless, i dont think i could witness a cat walking over anybodys powerbook without doing something.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

kelesh  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 15, 2005, 02:50 PM

ironically i have treated my 3.5 year old powerbook pristinely before getting these kittens a few months ago. i rarely even took it out of the house or moved it around much besides around my apartment. usually it was just sitting next to my PC on my desk, or on my desk chair as I used it from bed.

these days it just warms my heart when a kitten with a possibly dirty butt lays down on the laptop next to me. perhaps i'm recovering from years of OCD computer use :-)

Forum Links
Forum Rules