Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > JFK Plot - A Little Blowback Perhaps?

JFK Plot - A Little Blowback Perhaps?
RIRedinPA
Senior User
Jun 5, 2007, 08:50 AM

Why isn't the Bush administration and DoJ touting the recent arrest of the men alleged to be putting together a plot to blow up JFK with the same amount of fanfare and "I told you so" smugness that they have with other foiled plots?

It looks like we have yet another inept gang of Muslim terrorists who were long on anger but short on actual capability, and in this case the anger itself was directed more at a former employer rather than the country. This group of terrorist reached out to another "extremist" Muslim group in Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaat al-Muslimeen, which is in reality more a criminal gang rather than a global jihadist terrorist organization. Their focus is more on smuggling, extortion through kidnapping and the ganja trade than extolling the virtues of the Prophet. They declined to help as they prefer, it would seem, to not have the FBI poking around in their affairs.

Even more curious than the silence coming from the Bush camp is the silence coming from the Democrats. Surely if any case shows the argument that the war on terrorism is more law and order than a military venture this does. So why is everyone being pretty mum about it?

Perhaps it's the former employer - Evergreen International Air. Which was founded by George Doole. I know, that's not overwhelming unless one knows who George Doole is - he is also the founder of Air America as well as about a dozen other airline companies used by the CIA. Evergreen has always been rumored and always denied to be a front company for the CIA. However it was Evergreen that was contracted to get the ailing Shah out of Iran. And Evergreen has, since it's inception in 1975, been used by all facets of the government, including DoD as a cargo carrier/transport company (they have been alleged to transport prisoners to Guantanomo and the "ghost prisons" in Europe and Evergreen has a much less publicized division that helps manufacture, maintain and operate drone aircraft.

OK, I'm not big on conspiracy theories but my thoughts on this is that the leader of this gang, Russell Defreitas, a Guyanan, worked for Evergreen (I believe he was a cargo handler) and though he was probably vetted to work for the company somewhere along the way one of the two parties became disgruntled with each other for some reason. And poor ole Russell, disillusioned or disgruntled decided to take revenge against his former employer.

Someone in the press must have got wind of this and let the FBI or some government agency know they were going to run a story because I can't see why you would wrap up this operation (it's been ongoing for what, 13 months and from the start) when it is obvious the conspirators lacked the capability and means to conduct their mission. It would seem they had time to wait things out and see if they could snag some bigger, more dangerous fish. Anyway, what I think is that there was a risk of the investigation being exposed and so the FBI's hand was forced. And considering the connections of the former employer of the alleged terrorist the Bushies and DoJ are downplaying this one and have passed along request to do likewise to their Democratic counterparts.

Take It Outside!

Mid Atlantic Outdoors

Obi Wan's Ghost
Baninated
Jun 5, 2007, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by RIRedinPA View Post
It looks like we have yet another inept gang of Muslim terrorists who were long on anger but short on actual capability, and in this case the anger itself was directed more at a former employer rather than the country. This group of terrorist reached out to another "extremist" Muslim group in Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaat al-Muslimeen, which is in reality more a criminal gang rather than a global jihadist terrorist organization. Their focus is more on smuggling, extortion through kidnapping and the ganja trade than extolling the virtues of the Prophet.
All global jihadi groups are involved in kidnapping, arms, drugs, extortion, smuggling, as well as the usual terrorism, brainwashing, stock market manipulation and pushing up the price of oil for their paymasters.

RIRedinPA  (op)
Senior User
Jun 5, 2007, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Obi Wan's Ghost View Post
All global jihadi groups are involved in kidnapping, arms, drugs, extortion, smuggling, as well as the usual terrorism, brainwashing, stock market manipulation and pushing up the price of oil for their paymasters.
True, but some are so much better at than others.
Take It Outside!

Mid Atlantic Outdoors

Cold Warrior
Jun 5, 2007, 10:25 AM

Why isn't the Bush administration and DoJ touting the recent arrest of the men alleged to be putting together a plot to blow up JFK with the same amount of fanfare and "I told you so" smugness that they have with other foiled plots?
I think they're giving it a decent effort, but mostly it's the liberal print press that is downplaying the event. The NY Times buried it on page 36 or 37, for example.

RIRedinPA  (op)
Senior User
Jun 5, 2007, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
I think they're giving it a decent effort, but mostly it's the liberal print press that is downplaying the event. The NY Times buried it on page 36 or 37, for example.
Are you talking about today? I know when the story broke all the major news bureaus carried it on the front page. A quick spin around conservative media ville shows that the WSJ, Fox and WashTimes buried the story as well or at least didn't run it on the front page.
Take It Outside!

Mid Atlantic Outdoors

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jun 5, 2007, 11:14 AM

Evergreen is a major international cargo carrier... I'd say there was a conspiracy if the government wasn't using them.
Is Boeing in on the CIA conspiracy since they've contracted Evergreen to operate the Dreamlifters (modified 747s for hauling 787 parts) for them?

RIRedinPA  (op)
Senior User
Jun 5, 2007, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by mduell View Post
Evergreen is a major international cargo carrier... I'd say there was a conspiracy if the government wasn't using them.
Is Boeing in on the CIA conspiracy since they've contracted Evergreen to operate the Dreamlifters (modified 747s for hauling 787 parts) for them?
I can read their website as well. I would say it's less a case of a conspiracy and more a case they would prefer less attention be paid to the ring leader's employment at Evergreen. Personally I doubt Evergreen = CIA but have little doubt that they are quite intimate with the CIA/DoD/Pick a agency based on their founder, the nature of their contracts and the services they provide. Since there is probably linkage between Evergreen and prisoner transports and other sticky stuff like that I would say the government prefer to diminish the focus a bit on this case instead of placing it front and center in the white hot spotlights. Which is understandable, the last thing they (the admin) would want is the MSM poking a little deeper into the relationship between Evergreen and the government and exposing something better left in the dark.
Take It Outside!

Mid Atlantic Outdoors

voyage2k
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 14, 2007, 05:42 PM

Perhaps it's the former employer - Evergreen International Air. Which was founded by George Doole. I know, that's not overwhelming unless one knows who George Doole is - he is also the founder of Air America as well as about a dozen other airline companies used by the CIA.
Delford Smith is the founder of Evergreen International Aviation, not George Doole. While Mr. Doole does have a hangar named after him at EIA's Arizona facility, it was named for him because he was a longtime board member.

Just thought I would correct that error.

Forum Links
Forum Rules