Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > iPhoto error: Unreadable Files

iPhoto error: Unreadable Files
giggs11
Forum Regular
Aug 2, 2004, 11:48 PM

Ok, folks, newbie to Macs, OS X, and iPhoto, so bear with me. I have a Canon S45 digital camera and I would like to be able to upload my pictures from it to iPhoto. However, when I hook up my camera, it seems like a lot of the photos don't get uploaded and I get an error saying:

Unreadable Files: xx

The following files could not be imported (they may be an unrecognized file type or the files may not contain valid data).

The "xx" seems to be a different number, usually 60 or 70-something, each time I attempt to do an upload (there are currently 154 pictures on the camera). The "unreadable files" are different and seemingly random each time I try to upload.

Now the thing is, when I hook it up to my Windows XP machine, the photo program I use on it, Picasa, downloads all the files properly. Do I need to do something to set up iPhoto differently? The memory in the camera is a 256 MB CompactFlash card.

Thanks for the help.

msuper69
Professional Poster
Aug 3, 2004, 09:13 AM

Maybe the USB port is going bad. Try another.

SS3 GokouX
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 3, 2004, 11:35 AM

Try copying the photos off the camera from within the Finder and then drag them from the desktop into iPhoto.

"And I will rule you all with an iron fist! You! OBEY THE FIST!" -Invader Zim

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Aug 3, 2004, 12:00 PM

All application threads belong in the Software forum.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules