Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > colored lines running across when trying to play DVD's or Quicktime movies.

colored lines running across when trying to play DVD's or Quicktime movies.
jeennie01
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 21, 2001, 12:54 PM

I'm on a G4 mac OS 9.0.4; I could hear the DVD playing in the backround, but I can't see it-I get pink and green lines running horizontally in front of the image!..this also happens whenever I download a Quicktime movie. someone please help!...I checked the Toast Reader extensions and I can't even find them on my system!...I also searched for Adaptec with no luck

iYeat
Apr 25, 2001, 04:10 AM

Try running your software update control panel.. There should be a new DVD player in there I think.. Also a lot of other trust updates (including MacOS 9.1-- a MUST)...

Also try upgrading your quicktime to the latest 5.01 by running your quicktime updater app.

See tif that helps..

C
"My software never has bugs. It merely develops random, undocumented features."
-Anonymous

jeennie01  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2001, 12:05 PM

Thanks!....I installed Quicktime 5.0 with a no-go. the bands of color are still runnning horizonally but the sounds still in the bkrnd..I did a system Update and nothing but the actual system Update showed up....(I dunno), next I'll try installing OS 9.1....how do I get it, thru apple's site.?

Thanks again!

Jsnuff1
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2001, 01:50 PM

i had the same problem, it turned out to be an extention conflect, try rebooting wiht base extentions and see what happends

jeennie01  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2001, 06:30 PM

Hey thanks, I rebooted with only my base extensions on and still a no go...this is getting really frustrating....any other suggestions?....please.

Forum Links
Forum Rules