Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Non-NT based tutorials for Dreamweaver MX and PHP

Non-NT based tutorials for Dreamweaver MX and PHP
Griggsy
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2003, 06:42 AM

Found this tutorial on the macromedia dreamweaver mx dev pageRecord Store: Building Your First Web Application in Dreamweaver MX, hoorah I thought this'll be damned handy, until I went to the intro page and found it needs an NT server php, mysql and a $100 expansion for dreamweaver.

Stuff that anybody know any similar resources for those of us who have our wee apache server is os x with my sql and ain't paying macromedia another dime, cos we like opensource?
Torn apart by the wood peckers of mistrust t0 not have this happen 2 u visit guinea pig::the life of a mac designer::

geraldartman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2003, 08:53 AM

That's the problem with DW. 4 neverworked with OSX. PHP support was lame either with PhAKT or ImAKT(sp?) which I purchased. ImAKT never worked in 4 with OSX.

I switched to GoLive6 as soon as it came out. It was native OSX and it provides its OWN library for PHP, JSP and ASP. Of course, I do not care about ASP. The php libraries are very good quality. Some of the built in features, such as being able to edit a list of records at a time are very neat. It comes with pre-built php/myslq and jsp servers to get up and running quickly. (Although OSX updates have caused some gyrations here, not really GL6's fault, just a matter of keeping up with a dynamic operating system.)

I would recommend you check out the user forum which is very OSX active, although php/mysql is not really platform dependent. There is a tryout version.

In comparison, the only real difference I miss is session values in the bindings palettes.

Forum Links
Forum Rules