Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Lost iTMS Music?

Lost iTMS Music?
nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2003, 01:02 AM

Is there anyway to redownload without buying music that you had purchased and downloaded from the iTunes Music Store but lost?

proton
Senior User
Sep 19, 2003, 01:12 AM

nonhuman  (op)
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2003, 01:19 AM

Well that's annoying. Fortunately I don't think I actually lost anything, it's just not in my Purchased Music playlist anymore.

Edit: Ooh, I can just add it back in. Why didn't I think of that before?

ism
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 26, 2004, 04:41 PM

Ah crap. I just lost my first track to itunes music store oblivion. Just at the end of the download it kicked up some error saying there was a problem downloading the track, but when I checked for purchased music none was available. I suppose it's only 79p, no biggy.

I'm on dial-up which doesn't help matters. Has anyone else lost tracks in this way? Anyone know if there is a limit on the number of times you can check for purchased music, start the download, have it fail for whatever reason, then check again? I think I was on my third attempt due to loss of internet connection.

Thinine
Mac Elite
Aug 26, 2004, 04:54 PM

Email store support and they'll probably let you redownload the file.

GeeYouEye
Aug 26, 2004, 05:20 PM

I've lost one track before, but it was a free song, and it was my fault for trying to download it on an unreliable connection... Apple really should make purchasing songs a more atomic operation though.
I bring order to chaos. You are in chaos windows, you are the contradiction, a bug wishing to be an OS.

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Aug 26, 2004, 06:06 PM

If a download doesn't complete for whatever reason, generally you can redownload it by selecting "Check for Purchased Music..." from the Advanced menu in iTunes.
Vandelay Industries

Forum Links
Forum Rules