Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anyone used SIPPhone?

Anyone used SIPPhone?
Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 2, 2004, 02:07 AM

So I'm thinking of going VoIP for all long distance. I'm wondering if anyone has tried SIPPhone? Can they talk to vonage users (not a huge matter I care about, but vonage has a large user base I think)? How's the quality? Do you use a hardware phone and if so, which one? I'm thinking of getting the Call-in-One which will make it easy to have the entire house on the network.

I've worded it as if I'll be using the hardware end, but in fact it's a family I know. They have a son in Japan and I'm trying to get them an easier way to contact him. Right now they use iChat which works fairly well but limits them to sitting at the computer. If they use SIPPhone and this piece of hardware, if he wants to call them it will ring the house phones like normal and they can talk like they are used to talking. Or if they want to call him, they just pick up the phone, hit pound, and dial to him and he can answer. Easy.

I just want to know if the quality and service has been good enough to warrant the purchase of this $80 piece of hardware.

Forum Links
Forum Rules