Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Connecting my friend's iPod to my iTunes..

Connecting my friend's iPod to my iTunes..
dzp111
Senior User
Oct 21, 2008, 07:59 PM

My friend's Mac's on the fritz (temporarily) and needed to charge his iPod, so I plugged it in my MB, for charging. iTunes then tells me that should I want to sync, that the iPod's music list will be replaced with my own library, replacing his (library). Of course I said cancel.. (but I let it charge)

Then my friend noticed a few tunes in my library that he'd like to have on his iPod. But no-can-do. His list in greyed-out.

Seems like my music library is solely dedicated to my own iPod and no other. Is that the case?

Is there a way that I can share some of my tunes with his iPod?
.................................................. .................................................. ..................................www.DNCH.com

.................................................. .................................................. .......................www.daniel.poirier.com

mduell
Posting Junkie
Oct 21, 2008, 10:20 PM

Apple won't let you do that with iTunes. There are some third party apps that will let you do that.

dzp111  (op)
Senior User
Oct 22, 2008, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by mduell View Post
Apple won't let you do that with iTunes. There are some third party apps that will let you do that.
Such as...
.................................................. .................................................. ..................................www.DNCH.com

.................................................. .................................................. .......................www.daniel.poirier.com

B Gallagher
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 22, 2008, 08:58 PM

Your iTunes library is not solely dedicated to your own iPod and no other. You can have as many iPods syncing to your iTunes library as you want. However it doesn't work the other way round, an iPod will only sync with one iTunes library.

Senuti seems to be what you're looking for.
( Last edited by B Gallagher; Oct 22, 2008 at 09:12 PM. )
MBP 15" C2D 2.2GHz 4.0GB 500GB@5400
iPhone 4 32GB Black

danangdoc
Oct 23, 2008, 09:48 AM

There is an app you can download right from the App store. I don't remember the name but will check this post tonite and list it if you haven't found it. It allows you to share your library with like 9 of your friends. I don't know if this means it over-writes their library or how it works exactly. Read the info when you find it in the App store.

dzp111  (op)
Senior User
Oct 23, 2008, 11:13 AM

Senuti worked great!

Thanks B.

Forum Links
Forum Rules