Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod Touch to flat-screen?

iPod Touch to flat-screen?
danangdoc
Nov 20, 2008, 08:52 PM

I would like to connect my 1st gen iPod Touch to a flat-screen monitor. (Not a t.v.!) but Apple does not supply such a connector. They have component (RCA plugs) and composite (RCA plugs) cables, but not one to connect to a small flat screen. (HDMI?) Is this somehow impossible - iPod can't 'drive' a PC monitor? This should be an opportunity for someone to develop such a thing I would think. I'd like to build a flat-screen into my sailboat so I can play movies on it from my iPod, but the "Genius" at the Apple box store says he doesn't think it can be done. Really?

kelchm
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2008, 04:04 PM

What inputs does your monitor have?

There are ways to make it work, but to be honest I don;t see how it would be worth the trouble. Keep in mind that monitors that don't have component or composite inputs almost never have decent scalers. This means that if you did get it working what you would see on screen would look terrible.

My advice to you: If this is something you really want to do, find a monitor with the inputs you need.

Forum Links
Forum Rules