Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Animating particle effects in Motion?

Animating particle effects in Motion?
Synotic
Mac Elite
Feb 7, 2005, 11:10 PM

Hi; I've been trying to do this for the past two days and I just can't figure it out. Basically I want to apply behaviors to particle effects�I want to use the throw behavior, the motion path behavior, etc. But the problem is that Motion seems to deal with the behaviors applied to particle effects differently. It applies the behavior to the particles themselves; using a "throw" effect affects the direction the particles go. I want to modify the path of the effect as if it were any other object.

Right now I want to use this effect to throw a fireball from someone's hands across the screen, but if I can figure out how to do this, I'll apply it to a lot of other things. If anyone can help me out with this, I would really appreciate it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules