Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Cinema Display to PC (2 problems)

Cinema Display to PC (2 problems)
coolmac
Jun 18, 2003, 02:13 PM

I hooked up my 20" Cinema Display to my PC today using the Apple DVI to ADC Adapter.

The results are beautiful, the 1600x1050 resolution of the display was automatically recognized by Windows XP.

I have two questions to those of you who have done the same thing:

First when I boot my PC the Windows XP splash screen doesn't show on the display, the power light on the Cinema Display blinks a few times and only when Windows has booted does my desktop appear on the display.

Second, since I can't adjust the brightness automatically using a PC, I want to reduce the brightness through my video card, an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro.

I go into the ATI software, and click on Overlay, there are several video adjustments including brightneess but they're greyed out so I can't adjust the brightness.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

coolmac  (op)
Jun 18, 2003, 05:03 PM

The brightness problem is fixed, I found it under the ATI Color Settings.

The first problem's still there though.

JB72
Mac Elite
Jun 18, 2003, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by coolmac:
First when I boot my PC the Windows XP splash screen doesn't show on the display, the power light on the Cinema Display blinks a few times and only when Windows has booted does my desktop appear on the display.
Hrmmm. I'm not sure why it won't recognize the lower resolutions during boot. What kind of video card is it?

--

Unrelated, but you might try Powerstrip to get the exact native 1680 x 1050 resolution.

coolmac  (op)
Jun 18, 2003, 06:15 PM

It's an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro.

Forum Links
Forum Rules