Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Satanism is the dumbest religion ever...

Satanism is the dumbest religion ever...
Beewee
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2003, 02:53 PM

OK this is just my opinion on it. If there is anyone that wants to correct me feel free to do so.

To me satanism is the "rebel" religion. They know that God exists because if satan does then logically God must also. But it makes no sense, Hell is supposed to be this place of eternal torment and suffering where a soul burns forever and ever. Heaven is supposed to be this place of eternal bliss, where we aspire to become more than what we are on earth. Its wonderful and happy and we live in peace forever and ever.

So why would some guy say, "Ya I don't need no f***ing God and Jesus can go f*** himself!" "Satan is cool man, screw Heaven I wanna go to Hell."

Thoughts...comments?

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 29, 2003, 03:02 PM

Satanism, in my understanding, is about indulging human desire. It's about taking pleasure in life. It's more about rebelling against the controlling nature of God's/Judeo-Christian morality.

Obviously this won't be true in all cases, but I think that true Satanism doesn't require a belief in either Satan or God, it only requires the attitude that pleasure is a worthy goal. The Satan aspect of Satanism is something that was probably mostly ascribed by Christians who tend to view anything other than Christianity as a form of devil-worship and Satanists just went along with it.

Of course I have no direct experience with Satanism so what do I know.

neigh-neigh-woo
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 29, 2003, 03:08 PM

i and i am an ideeot , yes

keekeeree
Mac Elite
Location: Moved from Ohio's first capital to its current capital
Oct 29, 2003, 04:59 PM

Originally posted by Beewee:
Its wonderful and happy and we live in peace forever and ever.
I'm no satanist, but how frickin' boring would that be?

m a d r a
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2003, 05:07 PM

well if the bible's true, heaven's going to be full of po-faced christians, nun, priests, mormons and echoing to the sound of hymn singing... whereas hell will be full of whores, drugs, perverted sex and rock'n'nroll music.

i know where i'd rather be.

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2003, 05:13 PM

In heaven, can we have sex and all that pertains?

I can see it now: "Oh, my god. That fellatio was utterly heavenly."
I, ASIMO.

keekeeree
Mac Elite
Location: Moved from Ohio's first capital to its current capital
Oct 29, 2003, 05:20 PM

Originally posted by m a d r a:
well if the bible's true, heaven's going to be full of po-faced christians, nun, priests, mormons and echoing to the sound of hymn singing... whereas hell will be full of whores, drugs, perverted sex and rock'n'nroll music.

i know where i'd rather be.
Not sure who said it:

"I'd rather spend an eternity in hell with my family and friends than an eternity in heaven with my enemies."

Zimmerman
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2003, 05:50 PM

Originally posted by keekeeree:
I'm no satanist, but how frickin' boring would that be?
LOL. Something tells me that if God created the universe and everything, he might have just as much NEW stuff to experience in heaven as there is here on Earth. I mean, it's not like he can run out of Godhoodness (being omnipotent and all that).

Donate your spare cycles - join TeamNN today!
Remember to check the Marketplace!

benign
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2003, 06:32 PM

In heaven you have no body, no need for
sleep, pain, lust,Number one's and two's or
relationships of any kind except just an -

Infinite timeless moment of praising your god.

... And you wonder why one or two of the flock bolted!

Simple Empire...

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2003, 06:52 PM

people who're satanists don't see themselves as following Satan but more just a philosophy.

That said, there will be few if any mormons in heaven and the bible doesn't suggest otherwise. Uhh oh and yeah, knowing God as He knows us is gonna be a a WHOLE LOT better than a blow job.

benign
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2003, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by Superchic[k]en:
people who're satanists don't see themselves as following Satan but more just a philosophy.

That said, there will be few if any mormons in heaven and the bible doesn't suggest otherwise. Uhh oh and yeah, knowing God as He knows us is gonna be a a WHOLE LOT better than a blow job.

You hope !

Simple Empire...

tintub
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2003, 08:13 PM

Heaven: Morons, not Mormons!

Kilbey
Baninated
Oct 29, 2003, 08:24 PM

All it takes for a Mormon to go to Heaven is for them to believe in Jesus' sacrifice.

What makes you think it is so difficult for Mormon's to make it to be Christians?

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Oct 29, 2003, 10:56 PM

Satanism offers a tempting lifestyle for those who feel God has abandoned them. I certainly feel that way. Never in my entire life have I seen, heard, or experienced anything resembling a god.

Though I wouldn't go to the extreme as a Satanist, I can see the religion's appeal.

I'm more fond of Lucifarianism than Satanism because it doesn't promote hatred or violence. It dissects what's wrong (or apparently wrong) with Christianity and goes the other way.

However, both religions have been lost into Neo Nazism. I picked up a book on Satanism and it was a bunch of psalms in German about Nazis and praising the Devil.

Like God, the Devil has done absolutely nothing for me. So I've chosen Wicca and Naturalism. Nature is a little more tangible than thought.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Awimoway
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 29, 2003, 11:01 PM

Most Christians are the modern equivalent of Pharisees. They insist that their specific angle on Christ, built on a bunch of man-made creeds that color their interpretation and esteem of the Bible (much like the many extra-biblical rules that the Pharisees obsessed over) are The Infallible Truth and grounds for persecuting anyone who claims to worship the same god but does not do it in the same way that they do.

In the conservative Christian's view, any radical new Christian sect--much like a movement started by a humble carpenter's son claiming to be the messiah was persecuted by the Pharisees--is considered by conservative Christians to be heretical and not even genuinely Christian, i.e. they speak and act in his name, they have accepted him as their savior, but because they aren't orthodox, the orthodoxy is convinced that Jesus never spoke to them and refuses to listen to them, bless them, love them, or respect them. Therefore, the conservative Christians feel entitled to do likewise. Like Pharisees of old, they expend a great deal of time and energy tearing down another religion rather than building up their own.

That being said, I think anyone who presumes to know which groups will or won't be in heaven is an arrogant ass who presumes to know better than God.

(Apologies about the off-topic post.)

Kilbey
Baninated
Oct 29, 2003, 11:09 PM

Originally posted by Awimoway:
Most Christians are the modern equivalent of Pharisees. They insist that their specific angle on Christ, built on a bunch of man-made creeds that
*SNIP FOR BREVITY*
That being said, I think anyone who presumes to know which groups will or won't be in heaven is an arrogant ass who presumes to know better than God.

(Apologies about the off-topic post.)
Now that we know your opinion of Christians, what is you opinion of Christianity? Not the conservative Christian's representation of Christianity, but Jesus the Christ's version of Christianity.

Awimoway
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 29, 2003, 11:13 PM

Originally posted by Kilbey:
Now that we know your opinion of Christians, what is you opinion of Christianity? Not the conservative Christian's representation of Christianity, but Jesus the Christ's version of Christianity.
Oh, I'm all for it.

Kilbey
Baninated
Oct 29, 2003, 11:20 PM

Oh, I'm all for it.
But do you believe it?

Awimoway
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 29, 2003, 11:24 PM

Originally posted by Kilbey:
But do you believe it?
Sorry. I was being a little flippant. Yes, I do.

Cipher13
Oct 29, 2003, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by Beewee:
OK this is just my opinion on it. If there is anyone that wants to correct me feel free to do so.

To me satanism is the "rebel" religion. They know that God exists because if satan does then logically God must also. But it makes no sense, Hell is supposed to be this place of eternal torment and suffering where a soul burns forever and ever. Heaven is supposed to be this place of eternal bliss, where we aspire to become more than what we are on earth. Its wonderful and happy and we live in peace forever and ever.

So why would some guy say, "Ya I don't need no f***ing God and Jesus can go f*** himself!" "Satan is cool man, screw Heaven I wanna go to Hell."

Thoughts...comments?
Your ignorance of satanism is stunning. You assume that, given its namesake, it must be to do with the worship of Satan. It isn't.

It's a left hand path system, yes, but that doesn't mean it's the epitome of all that is evil, by any stretch of the imagination.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Oct 29, 2003, 11:36 PM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
It's a left hand path system, yes, but that doesn't mean it's the epitome of all that is evil, by any stretch of the imagination.
FYI, Satanism is the worship of the Devil, Lucfarianism is the "left hand path system."

None of the less, you're right, he's judging as he should being a good Christian.

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2003, 11:47 PM

Superchicken, you don't know who is going to be in heaven and who isn't. I know you're in Bible College, you need to justify a comment that implies that members of one Christian religion will not go to heaven, while others will.

Mormons are Christians. In fact, Mormons aren't even mormons. They're members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Sounds pretty Christian to me.

lothar56
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 30, 2003, 12:46 AM

Originally posted by benign:
In heaven you have no body, no need for
sleep, pain, lust,Number one's and two's or
relationships of any kind except just an -

Infinite timeless moment of praising your god.

... And you wonder why one or two of the flock bolted!
He's right. There will be no sense of time in Heaven. It's not like I'll look at my watch and say, "Well, it's now day 45246345634 of Heaven and I've done everything. What now?"
It will be perfect.

And yes, hell might be full of whores and whatnot, but I guarentee you they will not be having fun.

We are not saying who is and who isn't going to Heaven. The Bible is. True Christians have accepted Jesus Christ as their savior and who believe he lived the perfect life and died on the cross for our sins, then rose on the third day, and who live their life in such a manner as to glorify God in all we do and say. These are the people who go to Heaven. Not the people who just believe in Jesus. Or whose religion has a good-sounding name. Or people who do lots of good things. The Bible says works without love are nothing. No matter what one does or says, it does not matter if one does not do it in love.

Just my 2 cents.
iBook G4-1.33/768 || B&W G3-450/640 || Beige G3-G4 450/352 || Beige G3-400/256 in Classic case || Beige G3-300/256 || PB 5300cs Pictureframe 100/24

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 30, 2003, 01:03 AM

Originally posted by DeathMan:
Superchicken, you don't know who is going to be in heaven and who isn't. I know you're in Bible College, you need to justify a comment that implies that members of one Christian religion will not go to heaven, while others will.

Mormons are Christians. In fact, Mormons aren't even mormons. They're members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Sounds pretty Christian to me.
I said there will be very few mormons in heaven. Fact is LDSers preach a gospel that is not the one the apostles taught, the cannon of scripture is closed and they tried to add to it, they are a sect that are not the same as the true religion. There are differences between a Baptist and a Pentecostal that are just different, but the difference between the CLDS and the catholic church or universal church as it is, are staggering and irreconcilable. The LDS denounces the doctrine of the trinity, they teach Satan as the brother of Christ, they teach a whole lot of stuff that DOES NOT FIT WITH THE BIBLE. One of the basic principles of determining what is cannon and what is not, is that it jives with the previously accepted cannon.
The book of mormon does not.
PERIOD. No Christian denomination sees the CLDS as a valid Christian sect, most see them as a cult that does many good works that are ultimately worthless before God.

Awimoway
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 30, 2003, 01:49 AM

[Deleted by Awimoway.]

Nevermind this post. I don't need the spirit of contention in my life.
( Last edited by Awimoway; Oct 30, 2003 at 01:54 AM. )

Cipher13
Oct 30, 2003, 02:05 AM

Originally posted by olePigeon:
FYI, Satanism is the worship of the Devil, Lucfarianism is the "left hand path system."

None of the less, you're right, he's judging as he should being a good Christian.
There is no "the left hand path", as you say; just as both Wicca and Christianity are both right hand path, there is no definitive left hand path.

Either way... there are so many pseudo-satanistic beliefs, neo-satanism, oldworld satanism, and so forth, that both of us are probably right.

Cipher13
Oct 30, 2003, 02:07 AM

[Deleted by Awimoway.]

Nevermind this post. I don't need the spirit of contention in my life.
It was brilliant while it lasted...

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 30, 2003, 02:13 AM

It was brilliant while it lasted...
Cipher to English translation= it was bigoted and insulting to people of other beliefs?

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 30, 2003, 02:52 AM

nevermind
( Last edited by Mastrap; Oct 30, 2003 at 02:59 AM. )

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 30, 2003, 07:40 AM

most see them as a cult that does many good works that are ultimately worthless before God.
Then your god is a fool. There is no way I worship any god you do.

Just one reason why I think the Bible is full of ****.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 30, 2003, 11:29 AM

There are lots of Satanists. More than people realize.

And most of them don't even know it.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 30, 2003, 07:04 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
There are lots of Satanists. More than people realize.

And most of them don't even know it.
How exactly are you defining Satanist?

Awimoway
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 30, 2003, 07:34 PM

Cipher to English translation= it was bigoted and insulting to people of other beliefs?
You do it, too.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Oct 30, 2003, 08:20 PM

There is no "the left hand path", as you say; just as both Wicca and Christianity are both right hand path, there is no definitive left hand path.

Either way... there are so many pseudo-satanistic beliefs, neo-satanism, oldworld satanism, and so forth, that both of us are probably right.
Lucifarianism is represented by a 3 pronged "fork" facing to the left, meaning the left path or the left hand. Rebellion against the right hand of God.

But if you were referring to left or right hand as in mere moral motivation, then you're right. "Good" (right) and "bad" (left).

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 30, 2003, 10:53 PM

Originally posted by Xeo:
Then your god is a fool. There is no way I worship any god you do.

Just one reason why I think the Bible is full of ****.
Works perceived as good by people are not perceived by God the same way. Work done to please a god that does not exist would not please my God. In the same way that a really beautiful painting of a KKK member killing a black person, would not make you happy. It may be a really well done painting, but everything behind it and it's meaning is completely revolting.

dlefebvre
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2003, 12:31 AM

Are we talking about Satan or Stan? I'm confused...

Awimoway
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 31, 2003, 12:33 AM

Works perceived as good by people are not perceived by God the same way. Work done to please a god that does not exist would not please my God.
If that's your definition of God then he is a bigot and you actually worship the devil. I guess you'll find out when you die.

In the same way that a really beautiful painting of a KKK member killing a black person, would not make you happy. It may be a really well done painting, but everything behind it and it's meaning is completely revolting.
This does not compare. You are confusing good methods and good ends. Jesus said that you could know his people by their fruits--by their ends. Anyone who performs acts of love for his fellow beings is performing a good work and a good God would accept those works for exactly what they are--good. To believe otherwise is to be an enemy to logic and a lover of intolerance and hate. You worship a god that your religion (conservative Protestant Christianity) has engraved in their own image: a hateful god. The only deity who finds good works revolting is the devil. A hate-filled kingdom (hell) will be your eternal reward if you never start thinking for yourself and start reading the Bible in a logically sound manner.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 31, 2003, 02:54 AM

Originally posted by nonhuman:
How exactly are you defining Satanist?
You don't have to worship the evil one to be a Satanist.

Worshiping worldly things, being superficial with your desires.

We were all born with a void that was meant to be filled with Godly things. IMHO.

If it's not, whatever you fill it with is your "religion"

And what is not of God..

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 31, 2003, 03:00 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
You don't have to worship the evil one to be a Satanist.

Worshiping worldly things, being superficial with your desires.

We were all born with a void that was meant to be filled with Godly things. IMHO.

If it's not, whatever you fill it with is your "religion"

And what is not of God..
Ah, ok. That sounds like a good definition to me. I thought maybe you were saying that people were worshipping Satan without realizing it or something.

blackbird_1.0
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2003, 03:06 AM

Zimphire's right, worship of earthly material possession and passions will throw you into hell fast, not to mention "religion" in the sense of doing earthly good

God judges peoples' hearts, not their works

He's right. There will be no sense of time in Heaven. It's not like I'll look at my watch and say, "Well, it's now day 45246345634 of Heaven and I've done everything. What now?"
It will be perfect.
it is said that to God a thousands years is just a blink of an eye
Apple II GS | Powerbook 165 | iMac Rev. A 96mb RAM| iBook G3 500mhz, 128mb RAM | Power Macintosh G5 1.6ghz, 2.25gb RAM | Black MacBook 2ghz, 2gb RAM | iPhone Rev. A 8gb HD

MorningStar
Banned
Oct 31, 2003, 03:36 AM

AAAhahhah

I love those fools who claim to be Satanists but don't worship me.

What a bunch of mindless idiots.
They are so easy to fool.

Almost as easy as the idiots with their "free thinking" nonsense. As if they are somehow on a higher level of conscienceless because they have convinced themselves that I don't exist.

It's fun to see their faces when they die.

They are all "But, I don't believe in you"

And I laugh and laugh when I poke them with my prongs.

Biggest slap in the face ever.

Makes my day every time.

deekay1
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2003, 03:43 AM

Originally posted by MorningStar:
And I laugh and laugh when I poke them with my prongs
LOL!

hedonist, anarchist, agnostic, mac enthusiast and a strong believer in evolution and the yellow m&m conspiracy

Jim Paradise
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2003, 04:17 AM

*snip*
most see them as a cult that does many good works that are ultimately worthless before God.

God: "They were good people, tried to do good acts in their life, believed in Jesus and all that..... buuuuuuuuut they were just a little off on their interpretation of the bible, unlike that Superchic[k]en fellow. If only every Christian could be like him. Well, off to hell with them."

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 31, 2003, 04:25 AM

I don't believe any man has the ability to see who is and who isn't going to heaven.

I think we all would be surprised at who has gotten in and who hasn't.

Again, it is what is in your heart.

gadster
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2003, 08:21 AM

Yes, Satanism is just as dumb as any other religion.
e-gads

Sven G
Professional Poster
Oct 31, 2003, 01:23 PM

Pape Satan, pape Satan aleppe!

(... See Dante, BTW...)

The freedom of all is essential to my freedom. - Mikhail Bakunin

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2003, 02:48 PM

If that's your definition of God then he is a bigot and you actually worship the devil. I guess you'll find out when you die.

You worship a god that your religion (conservative Protestant Christianity) has engraved in their own image: a hateful god. The only deity who finds good works revolting is the devil. A hate-filled kingdom (hell) will be your eternal reward if you never start thinking for yourself and start reading the Bible in a logically sound manner.
First off, don't tell me what I believe because first, you don't know me well enough to make those kinds of statements, anything you can do is a judgement based on not enough information, or based upon your own assumptions and stupidity.

Second, if you wanna have some sorta scripture war I have no doubt I could drown you, not that I would, but I wouldn't suggest to me how to read my bible, because I read it regularly and I retain it, and I remember that scripture interprets scripture. And if you read it as a whole, and understand it as a whole, you will reach very similar conclusions to mine.
If you had read and taken seriously the teachings of Paul, like nearly every Christian denomination, you would recognize the LDS for what they are. There is a reason there are so many books and resources that call then and the JWs, cults! If I looked in the database for information at cults here on my college, they'd be in there.

Beewee  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2003, 02:57 PM

First off, don't tell me what I believe because first, you don't know me well enough to make those kinds of statements, anything you can do is a judgement based on not enough information, or based upon your own assumptions and stupidity.

Second, if you wanna have some sorta scripture war I have no doubt I could drown you, not that I would, but I wouldn't suggest to me how to read my bible, because I read it regularly and I retain it, and I remember that scripture interprets scripture. And if you read it as a whole, and understand it as a whole, you will reach very similar conclusions to mine.
If you had read and taken seriously the teachings of Paul, like nearly every Christian denomination, you would recognize the LDS for what they are. There is a reason there are so many books and resources that call then and the JWs, cults! If I looked in the database for information at cults here on my college, they'd be in there.
You forgot to call him "ignorant" that usually goes over well with everyone else you have used "the word" on.

My pun is so clever.

Awimoway
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 31, 2003, 03:07 PM

First of all, I'm not telling you what you think you believe. I'm illustrating for you the logical conclusions of your illogical beliefs. Second, don't you dare try to hide behind the consensus of your religion, because millions can be collectively wrong and often are. Millions of Germans called Jews rats and subhuman animals. Does that mean they were right? No. So take your "cult" name-calling and shove it. Third, I care nothing for a scripture war. People can and will interpret the same words differently, which is why an appeal to "the Word" alone is inherently fallible and why, therefore, your whole religion rests on a shaky foundation. Fourth, "pride goes before the fall," so don't be so sure you could "drown me out." Fifth, when will you people stop putting the words of Paul ahead of all the other apostles and prophets including the Savior himself?

May I remind you that you started this spat with your totally unprovoked attack on members of another religion. You preach a gospel of hate, and therefore you worship a god of hate. Mormons should just agree when you tell them that their Jesus is not the same as your Jesus.

Myrkridia
Senior User
Oct 31, 2003, 03:08 PM

Wow, and yet time and time again I see you doing the exact same thing.
That is..basing your judgement of others when you don't even know the person, or care to know what they're about. All you've done so far is look down on people from your bible college vantage point and insult or heckle them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules