Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Shared printers & missing print options?

Shared printers & missing print options?
Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
Apr 21, 2007, 07:48 PM

I have a Canon printer connected to a Mac Mini with printer sharing enabled, On my iMac lots of the 'additional options' (edge to edge printing, paper & quality settings etc) that are available when using the Mini are missing from the print window when on the iMac (even though I do have the drivers installed on the iMac). Is this a result of how the Print sharing works, with just the default options or is there something I can do to fix this?
It's a real pain, as to print any high quality job I have to print directly from the Mini.

Macola
Mac Elite
Apr 22, 2007, 09:53 PM

I've always understood this to be the case with shared printers (you get limited functionality, for example, with an MFP) but someone will undoubtedly correct me if I'm wrong.
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

OreoCookie
Apr 22, 2007, 11:14 PM

Why don't you give us the name of the specific model, perhaps other users can share their experiences with you.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Mediaman_12  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 23, 2007, 04:15 PM

The printer is a Canon PIXMA IP4300. Connected by USB to the Mini, with a wired network to my iMac, I have installed the full driver pack from Canon on both Macs.
Could there possibly a way to regain this functionality using the Gimp/CUPS printing drivers.

Forum Links
Forum Rules