Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Mac OS X 10.3 (Codenamed: Panther) Build 7B85

Mac OS X 10.3 (Codenamed: Panther) Build 7B85 (Page 10)
Awimoway
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 21, 2003, 11:33 PM

Originally posted by Person Man:
Actually, this happened last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...

Welcome to "Is it the GM or not?"

Starring Michael Palin as random forum poster, and John Cleese as piracy.

<british accent on>

"I'd like to have an argument, please"

[snipped for brevity ]

So you see, history does repeat itself, and people on MacNN don't learn from their mistakes, and yes, the same thing will happen all over again next year with Mac OS X 10.4 <insert big cat name here>.
Thanks. That was the best laugh I've had in days. It's a wonder we get so uptight about the most childish things. I, for one, hate piracy and do not practice it, but I am aghast that so many people feel the need to behave self-righteously and castigate every god-damned mention of pirating. It's as if these persecutors are trying to steel their own resolve to fly right, but if their morals are so fragile that they require other people to kick around to feel morally superior, then I say just cut loose with your immoral urges and let us talk about something else for a change.
( Last edited by Awimoway; Oct 21, 2003 at 11:46 PM. )

vision619
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 21, 2003, 11:39 PM

Originally posted by Awimoway:
Thanks. That was the best laugh I've had in days. It's a wonder we get so uptight about the most childish things. I, for one, hate piracy and do not practice it, but I am aghast that so many people feel the need to behave self-righteously and castigate every god-damned mention of pirating. It's as these persecutors are trying to steel their own resolve to fly right, but if their morals are so fragile that they require other people to kick around to feel morally superior, then I say just cut loose with your immoral urges and let us talk about something else for a change.
Well said. Well said....

lngtones
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 22, 2003, 01:19 AM

Originally posted by piracy:
Because the gui isn't 400dpi.

The gui of Mac OS X is as sharp as it can be, given the constraints of screen resolution.
Please excuse my ignorance, but if aqua can't look like that because of screen resolution then how is it possible to see the difference in the photoshop pictures?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Oct 22, 2003, 08:09 AM

Originally posted by lngtones:
Please excuse my ignorance, but if aqua can't look like that because of screen resolution then how is it possible to see the difference in the photoshop pictures?
Precisely: it isn't.

Because those Photoshop images are in no way generated from the Aqua engine; they're created from scratch as mock-ups.

They're like serving suggestions: "Actual contents may vary slightly in color and design."

-s*

Eug
Clinically Insane
Oct 22, 2003, 08:39 AM

Originally posted by piracy:
For those who wouldn't believe it until the retail box shipped, here's one of the first users globally to receive a Mac OS X 10.3 retail box:

http://homepage.mac.com/trilby/PhotoAlbum11.html
How did they keep it alive during shipping?

WICKEDfour
Forum Regular
Oct 23, 2003, 10:36 PM

Ooh. Easy way to screw up Expos�:
Shift-Minimize any window. While the window is minimizing, press F10 (to show all of the current application's windows). If you roll your mouse over the area where the window was before it was minimized, you should be able to see something like this (minus the red arrow, of course ):

Granted, that's not a huge bug, but it is a bug. I'll have to send it in to Apple Feedback.

Themer | Metroid 2002 Supporter | Switchboard Operator | A Special K | Professional Lurker

WICKEDfour
Forum Regular
Oct 23, 2003, 10:37 PM

Whoa. Clicking the window outline still makes the window active...You can do some fun stuff with minimizing

Themer | Metroid 2002 Supporter | Switchboard Operator | A Special K | Professional Lurker

Forum Links
Forum Rules