Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > clicker comes on randomly

clicker comes on randomly
eatinwokout
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 15, 2005, 06:23 PM

i have a 4G 20gig ipod i got 3 months ago. i've never dropped it or anything like that. anyway, about two weeks ago i started having this problem. i'll be listening to music (either on shuffle, by artist, by genre, anything) and the ipod will stop randomly and the apple logo will come up on the screen. then i returns to the menu menu. nothing changes except for the fact that the clicker comes on. i have the clicker turned off b/c i have no need for it. but this random shut down followed by the clicker being enabled is really bothering me. it's happened three times over the past week. i've formated the drive and updated with the latest ipod update.

is this something i can fix or is it something i will only get fixed if i return under warranty?

bells0
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 16, 2005, 07:54 AM

Whenever mine has been in a deep sleep [not used for over a day] and re-start, get the Apple pic then it starts up and the Clicker sound has been re-activated.

Think it is just a little bug, annoying, but only takes a few scrolls into the settings to turn back off.

As for yours randomly shutting down - that is a little worrying - i would get it looked at tbh.

Phil Sherry
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 16, 2005, 08:34 AM

my 4G 40Gb crashed hard one day, and the clicker has never worked on speaker since. lame.

eatinwokout  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 16, 2005, 11:47 AM

Originally posted by bells0:
Whenever mine has been in a deep sleep [not used for over a day] and re-start, get the Apple pic then it starts up and the Clicker sound has been re-activated.

Think it is just a little bug, annoying, but only takes a few scrolls into the settings to turn back off.

As for yours randomly shutting down - that is a little worrying - i would get it looked at tbh.
well it doesn't 'shutdown' per say. ill be listening to music and/or browsing through artists and it'll jump back to an apple screen and the music will stop. after a second it'll return to the main menu.

DarwinX
Feb 16, 2005, 05:00 PM

Originally posted by bells0:

Mine does the same. Is there no official word on this?

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Feb 17, 2005, 09:29 PM

I have the same problem. Not sure about having the logo come up, but the clicker always comes back. Kind of annoying really.

eatinwokout  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 17, 2005, 10:09 PM

well im relieved to hear that others are experiencing the same problem. i guess ill hold off on sending it back under warranty until i get closer to the expiration date.

Forum Links
Forum Rules