Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Strange Wake From Sleep Issue?!

Strange Wake From Sleep Issue?!
cSurfr
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 27, 2003, 12:48 AM

This is the strangest thing I've ever come across in OS X. Sometimes when I wake my 12" up from sleep, the machine makes this wonderful noise like there is a stuck key (repeating beep) While this is happening, The HD icon get's highlighted like i am clicking on it, and the mouse cursor moves VERY, VERY slow. This has happened a few times, and I have since re-formatted the machine, and it continues to happen. It also happened once or twice after the screen turned off, but the machine was not asleep. Strange eh? I'm gonna have apple look at the issue, but we all know if they can't duplicate it nothing will be done. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
cs
-How pumped would you be driving home from work, knowing someplace in your house there's a monkey you're gonna battle?

Forum Links
Forum Rules