Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > [Question]Opening a PowerPoint(Windows) on a Mac

View Poll Results: Will it open?
Poll Options:
Yes it will open perfectly. 0 votes (0%)
No. 0 votes (0%)
Yes, but with a couple glitches. 0 votes (0%)
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll
[Question]Opening a PowerPoint(Windows) on a Mac
vinny1729
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2009, 08:49 AM

Hi everyone. I'm new here, and I need a bit of help. My project is due tomorrow, and I did a PowerPoint on Windows using Microsoft Office Professional 2007. I'm using XP Pro SP3. I'm trying to open it at school, to present on a Mac that has Microsoft Office 2004. I know I have to 'Save' as a 98-2003 (.ppt). But even so, will it open? If so, will there be any glitches? I used a layout that I think was only released in 2007. Also, I have pictures saved in .JPG and text.
Please answer ASAP... My PowerPoint is done, but if it doesn't work, I still have today to do something else. Thanks for helping me.

genevish
Mac Enthusiast
May 3, 2009, 09:27 AM

It will certainly open, but I can't confirm if there will be any glitches or not without seeing the presentation. It would be best if you could view it on the computer in question prior to the presentation to be sure. I have the previous version (Office X) and can try opening it here if you want and see how it looks.

-Scott
Scott Genevish
scott AT genevish DOT org

Cold Warrior
May 3, 2009, 11:51 AM

Like genevish said, it's best to test it out on the presentation computer beforehand. Another thing (in addition to testing) is to save it as a PDF. I believe PowerPoint 2007 supports saving as PDF. While this wouldn't give you animations or transitions, it would preserve layouts.

Forum Links
Forum Rules