Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > The iPhone Accessories Thread (All iPhone accessory posts go here)

The iPhone Accessories Thread (All iPhone accessory posts go here)
icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 28, 2007, 06:01 PM

Got questions about whether an existing accessory will work well with the iPhone? Want to know other people's impressions about a new accessory? This is the place to ask. We just ask that new users who have just joined MacNN not post questions linking to specific products web sites, because it makes it difficult to sort out spam posts from the real ones.

Posting in-line pictures of accessories is acceptable, as long as the pictures are small enough not to make the thread unnecessarily wide.

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2007, 12:51 PM

Hey all...

I want to get a case for my iPhone, because I have this feeling that it is very slick and difficult to hold on to. I bought the inCase Leather folio case:
The Apple Store (U.S.) - Incase Leather and Nylon Folio for iPhone (Black)

I like this because it protects the screen while it in in the case. I would like something similar to this, but that would allow me to use a rubberized "skin tight" case on the iPhone, but still have it fit into a case like the Incase leather folio.

Does anyone have any ideas?
"Mac Daddy" - 15" MBP, 2.2 GHz Core i7, 8GB, 750GB HDD
"Mommy Mac" - 13" Macbook, 2.4GHz C2D, 2GB, 160GB
"Baby Mac" - 15" PB, 1.5GHz, 1.5GB, 80GB
64GB iPod Touch (4th gen)

surferboy
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2007, 02:47 PM

Just bought the Griffin case. Very low profile. Like it so far.

Star-Fire
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 30, 2007, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by spiff72 View Post
Hey all...

I want to get a case for my iPhone, because I have this feeling that it is very slick and difficult to hold on to. I bought the inCase Leather folio case:
The Apple Store (U.S.) - Incase Leather and Nylon Folio for iPhone (Black)

I like this because it protects the screen while it in in the case. I would like something similar to this, but that would allow me to use a rubberized "skin tight" case on the iPhone, but still have it fit into a case like the Incase leather folio.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Did you get this in the Apple store, I'll be heading to mine tomorrow and would like to get this case.
MacBook Pro 2.5 with 4 GB Ram, 250 GB 5400RPM, iMac 20" Intel Dual Core 2.0 with 2 GB Ram
http://star-fire.deviantart.com/gallery/

loveanh
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 30, 2007, 02:57 PM

i bought mine from iQase

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 30, 2007, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by surferboy View Post
Just bought the Griffin case. Very low profile. Like it so far.
I was looking at that one too. I just want something that protects it while its in my bag or something. Definitely something low profile. Hows the inside of the case? Nice and soft? (i'm paranoid about the screen)

Where did you get it? Online?

The Apple Store (U.S.) - Griffin Elan Holster Case for iPhone (Black)

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2007, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Star-Fire View Post
Did you get this in the Apple store, I'll be heading to mine tomorrow and would like to get this case.
Yes i did get it at the apple store...

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 30, 2007, 03:09 PM

Yes i did get it at the apple store...
Damn, I just left one of my Apple Stores and they didn't have any of the "holster" style cases. I guess I'll try the other 2 in my area. Would love to get one today, rather than wait for shipping.

surferboy
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2007, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
I was looking at that one too. I just want something that protects it while its in my bag or something. Definitely something low profile. Hows the inside of the case? Nice and soft? (i'm paranoid about the screen)

Where did you get it? Online?

The Apple Store (U.S.) - Griffin Elan Holster Case for iPhone (Black)
I bought it at an Apple Retail store. Back of inside is soft. It slides in snugly and leaves the face open. Comes with a cloth for wiping and a protective plastic cover for screen.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2007, 03:17 PM

I got a Belkin leather holster case. Looks pretty slick and is very slim.

milhous
Mac Elite
Jun 30, 2007, 06:25 PM

Head's up everyone!

All retail Apple Stores and soon to be online store is selling a hardcase + holster package called the iSee for iPhone that's manufactured by Contour Design which retails for $29.95. This product consists of a 2-part polycarbonate shell for your iPhone as well as a holster that's supposed to firmly secure the encased iPhone in it. It comes in a black box with a blue cutout that shows the iPhone case.

While the shell itself seems to be fine, the holster on the other hand is completely unreliable. My iPhone has already fallen out of the holster and luckily there was no damage to it. The retaining clip on the holster is faulty and cannot reliably keep the iPhone in the holster. Your iPhone could very well fall out of the holster when walking.

Below is an e-mail that I sent to Contouer Designs support. if you need an iPhone case with a holster, please get something else and do not buy this product!

To Whom It May Concern:

This e-mail is to inform you that I am tremendously dissatisfied and disappointed with the "iSee for iPhone" product that I recently purchased at my local Apple Store.

First and foremost, the clip mechanism that keeps the iPhone (and its hardshell case) contained within the holster is faulty and cannot reliably keep the iPhone contained within the holster. My iPhone has already fallen out of it while clipped to my belt and luckily there was no damage to it.

I cannot believe that your company, in good conscience, can manufacture such a slipshod product to securely hold a $600 device firmly in place. This to me is a clear indication that no real-world testing was conducted on this product prior to release. I understand that your company may not have had access to an iPhone in actual testing, but you could've used something else to simulate the approximate weight of the product.

Lastly, the belt clip on the holster is thin, flimsy, and unacceptable for a $30 product. Has your company ever seen the belt clips that are on Blackberry holsters? They are thick, solid, and durable.

I will be returning the product to the Apple Store for a full refund and will be informing others as well as the online community that this product is to be avoided at all costs.

Regards,

REDACTED
F = ma

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2007, 07:05 PM

Well, I think I am going to return my Incase Folio case, in favor of a different one I found online. I just ordered one from Case-Mate. This one is a rigid leather holster combined with a leather sleeve.

I will post when I get it (which might be a while - it appears to be backordered).

iPhone Signature Line Leather Case/Holster Combo

Does anyone have any experience with other Case-Mate cases?

I just hope the holster holds the phone tightly...

markw10
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2007, 08:27 PM

I purchased a 8GB iPhone last night at a Apple Store. I asked for the Apple Bluetooth Headset and they didn't have it in yet. They mentioned Jabra is good but said that the best one is the Jawbone. They said Apple stores got them in specifically for the iPhone. It's $119 so the price isn't bad compared to the Apple earpiece. I like Apple products and really wanted to get the Apple earpiece and am willing to wait but they told me this is actually better than Apple's because it has noise cancellation built in.
I'm interested in any advice of which headset to use and if anyone has used this one. Thanks for any help.

markw10
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2007, 09:39 PM

I purchased a 8GB iPhone yesterday. I'm used to using a Holster case with my current phone and like it a lot. I like how it protects it well and it's covered so no one can see the phone inside and it's easy to just pull out and use the phone itself without having it in a case. Maybe I will find another non holster style case I like but I really prefer the holster cases.
Two I've looked at are the Griffin Elan Holster Case and the Belkin iPhone holster case. Both are listed on Apple's web site. They were sold out of them at the Apple store though. Are these nice cases or is one better than the other?
Are there any other holster cases or other types of cases I should look at?

Kadman
Jun 30, 2007, 10:20 PM

I've had a fair number of Bluetooth earpieces over the years and the Jawbone is by far the best I've used. It's not perfect from a design standpoint (the buttons - or lack thereof - are quirky), but the sound quality is great and the noise cancellation is phenomenal. I do not have an iPhone (using a Moto SLVR) and wasn't after a stereo headset, so the Jawbone fits my needs perfectly. The effectiveness of their noise cancellation is just unbelievable. I've been using one for approx 3 months.

icruise  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 30, 2007, 10:24 PM

Please put accessory discussion in this thread. Thanks.

Oversoul
Senior User
Jun 30, 2007, 11:04 PM

My girlfriend and I each picked up black Incase molded rubber cases and they're nice and snug. If PC World's stress test are any indication, we don't need to worry too much about scratching the screen. We do need to worry about scratching or denting the metallic edge or back, and the Incase wraps nicely around that area.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2007, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by markw10 View Post
Two I've looked at are the Griffin Elan Holster Case and the Belkin iPhone holster case. Both are listed on Apple's web site. They were sold out of them at the Apple store though. Are these nice cases or is one better than the other?
I too wanted a nice holster case and decided on the Belkin. It fits the iPhone perfectly, looks really nice and is super slim.

The Apple Store (U.S.) - Belkin iPhone Holster Case

markw10
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2007, 11:10 PM

I always buy screen protectors for all of my products. I usually use the Clear Touch brand. I have it for my iPod, current PocketPC, Nintendo DS, Sony PSP, etc.
My question: I know in the beginning it was said the iPhone would not be a problem with scratches and smudges. Then recently it was announced that it has the new scratch free glass screen. Is it really true? I went to the Apple Store last night to buy a 8GB iPhone and the guy said how the screen protectors are very popular. He said they sold out within 5 minutes, before anything. Should I really get one and if so which brand?

Rumor Addict
Forum Regular
Jun 30, 2007, 11:23 PM

I bought some iPod socks from samsonite. It is not quite as tall as the iPhone but close. Makes a nice sleeve to keep it safe but not too bulky.
MacBook 2.0 / Powerbook 1ghz 12inch 768mb / Original 5 gig iPod / 512mb iPod Shuffle

Rumor Addict
Forum Regular
Jun 30, 2007, 11:26 PM

Anyone get a car charger? Can we just use the iPod car chargers?
MacBook 2.0 / Powerbook 1ghz 12inch 768mb / Original 5 gig iPod / 512mb iPod Shuffle

icruise  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 30, 2007, 11:28 PM

I think all car chargers should work, but my Belkin charger/line out device doesn't play music when used with the iPhone.

icruise  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 30, 2007, 11:47 PM

I always buy screen protectors for all of my products. I usually use the Clear Touch brand. I have it for my iPod, current PocketPC, Nintendo DS, Sony PSP, etc.
My question: I know in the beginning it was said the iPhone would not be a problem with scratches and smudges. Then recently it was announced that it has the new scratch free glass screen. Is it really true? I went to the Apple Store last night to buy a 8GB iPhone and the guy said how the screen protectors are very popular. He said they sold out within 5 minutes, before anything. Should I really get one and if so which brand?
I personally don't think it's going to be necessary. Screen protectors are most necessary for devices that use styli, because it's easy for a bit of grit to get under the tip of the stylus (or for the stylus tip itself to get damaged), and that can scratch the screen. But since you're using it with your fingers, the only time you'd have to worry about scratches is when it's in your pocket. Use reasonable caution and it should be fine. Did you see this video by the way?

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2007, 11:47 PM

I purchased a 8GB iPhone yesterday. I'm used to using a Holster case with my current phone and like it a lot. I like how it protects it well and it's covered so no one can see the phone inside and it's easy to just pull out and use the phone itself without having it in a case. Maybe I will find another non holster style case I like but I really prefer the holster cases.
I bought a Case-Mate holster/sleeve combo from their web site. It is out of stock, so I don't know when it will arrive... I have high hopes for it!

EDIT: That video posted above makes me feel a lot better about the durability of the iPhone. Maybe I will have to keep the Incase Folio case and cancel that order for the Case Mate one. I was worried about how slippery the iPhone feels in my hand...
( Last edited by spiff72; Jul 1, 2007 at 12:01 AM. )

L'enfanTerrible
Mac Elite
Jun 30, 2007, 11:57 PM

*edit: ironically, spliff posted a link to the case I speak of down below that I couldn't remember in the post above this one. That case rocks!... damn, this will be the only time I wish I wasn't Canadian!!!

I'm sure the screen protectors sold out right away because everyone is going to be cautious with their iPhone.

That said, before spending any more loot, I would make sure the multi-touch is not inhibited in any way by the plastic protector, and also that it fit with whatever case you buy for the iPhone. The best case I've seen so far is just a simple black leather trim that covers nothing but the chrome and back parts of the iPhone.

I spotted one on the web, but can't find the original picture.. This is as close as I can find, but picture the leather going all the way around the sides and top. Plus, the bottom has to be very open for the dock and speaker/mic.

Add a flip top to the above case and you have a winner, and I wouldn't worry about a screen protector.

NateEssex
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 1, 2007, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
I too wanted a nice holster case and decided on the Belkin. It fits the iPhone perfectly, looks really nice and is super slim.

The Apple Store (U.S.) - Belkin iPhone Holster Case
Is it me, or does that case appear to not have a top to prevent the iPhone from coming out of the top?
MBP 15" 2.33 ghz 256Video Card
40 Gig iPod, Airport Extreme

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2007, 01:22 PM

I couldn't get the Jawbone to stay in my ear. It kept slipping out and although it was clear, I couldn't hear anything without holding my hand holding it up to my ear. I brought it back.

I bought it back when I got my Blackjack, which as soon as they get some more iPhone in stock out here in California, I'll get the iPhone.

Originally Posted by Kadman View Post
I've had a fair number of Bluetooth earpieces over the years and the Jawbone is by far the best I've used. It's not perfect from a design standpoint (the buttons - or lack thereof - are quirky), but the sound quality is great and the noise cancellation is phenomenal. I do not have an iPhone (using a Moto SLVR) and wasn't after a stereo headset, so the Jawbone fits my needs perfectly. The effectiveness of their noise cancellation is just unbelievable. I've been using one for approx 3 months.

NateEssex
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 1, 2007, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by L'enfanTerrible View Post
*edit: ironically, spliff posted a link to the case I speak of down below that I couldn't remember in the post above this one. That case rocks!... damn, this will be the only time I wish I wasn't Canadian!!!

I'm sure the screen protectors sold out right away because everyone is going to be cautious with their iPhone.

That said, before spending any more loot, I would make sure the multi-touch is not inhibited in any way by the plastic protector, and also that it fit with whatever case you buy for the iPhone. The best case I've seen so far is just a simple black leather trim that covers nothing but the chrome and back parts of the iPhone.

I spotted one on the web, but can't find the original picture.. This is as close as I can find, but picture the leather going all the way around the sides and top. Plus, the bottom has to be very open for the dock and speaker/mic.

Add a flip top to the above case and you have a winner, and I wouldn't worry about a screen protector.
That case scares me as well. I had a Treo case like that and my Treo went flying across a parking lot. It was not a pretty picture

I, too, have seen the PCWorld video. Still, I'm not taking any chance.

I bought the Incase Leather Folio at the Apple store. It's pretty good, but I feel the velcro could open by itself so I may return it and try to find something better.

Are people getting the iPhone armor type cases that leave the screen open? I guess you just keep it in your pocket and hope no one bangs hard into the screen?
MBP 15" 2.33 ghz 256Video Card
40 Gig iPod, Airport Extreme

vln2
Jul 1, 2007, 02:40 PM

Here is alink to Incipio cases:
Cases and Accessories by iPhone Accessories

I ordered horizontal Hipster. My long experience with vertical cases in the car is bad. I alwasys kept them on the right side so when getting into the driver sit they would either jam into my liver or the phone would fly out agains the windshield. I broke several hooks that way and one time a screen in my T-Mobile HP IOAQ but they replaced it for free. I am afraid Apple will not be that forgiving so I am not taking any chances and will settle for bulky but horizontal case.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2007, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by NateEssex View Post
Is it me, or does that case appear to not have a top to prevent the iPhone from coming out of the top?
No, it's not just you - there is no "top" to the Belkin case. However, the iPhone fits in there pretty snug and I imagine it would take quite a bit of force to knock it out unintentionally. I've been wearing it for 2 days and have yet to have it even "pop up" a little.

sweatervest
Forum Regular
Jul 1, 2007, 10:01 PM

I initially got the clear Contour iSee case because they did not have the clear Belkin case (with the adjustable belt clip)... but I ended up at the AT&T store this morning and also picked up the Belkin one. Both are very nice, but overall the Belkin seems slightly less bulky (as long as you don't mind the clip always being there). I may end up switching back and forth, not totally sure yet.

vln2
Jul 2, 2007, 12:06 AM

I asked for the Apple Bluetooth Headset and they didn't have it in yet. They mentioned Jabra is good but said that the best one is the Jawbone. They said Apple stores got them in specifically for the iPhone. It's $119 so the price isn't bad compared to the Apple earpiece. I like Apple products and really wanted to get the Apple earpiece and am willing to wait but they told me this is actually better than Apple's because it has noise cancellation built in.
I'm interested in any advice of which headset to use and if anyone has used this one. Thanks for any help.
As Kadman before me I think that Jawbone is the best Bluetooth headset available.
Having said that I will have to define the "best".
I went through bunch of Motorolas (worst), Logitech (just as bad), Phillips (good, light but has no noise cancelling and others can hear noise with my voice), great Jabra JX10 (small, you don't even know its there, great incoming sound but others tell me they can't hear me - it is too short and mic can't pick up my voice) and finally Jawbone (best noise cancelling because it has a sensor which sits on your cheack picking up vibrations of your voice and filters out other noises).
If the Blueatooth headset is measured primarily by the quality of incoming and outgoing voice then Jawbone is a clear winner because no other headset will send your voice cleaner.
Jawbone problems: not small and takes two hands to hang it on your ear. Buttons which are well hidden and not easy to access. It adjusts all volume automatically - I always like to max out incoming volume and I can not do that with Jawbone.

I have to admire Apple reps for admitting that Apple Bluetooth was not as good as Jawbone because it does not have noise cancelling. With similar prices I would not buy any headset without that feature. I think the only set that comes closer to Jawbone is skinny Plantronics 600 series. I have heard that they are good but did not try one.

venom600
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 2, 2007, 01:02 AM

I bought a Case-Mate holster/sleeve combo from their web site. It is out of stock, so I don't know when it will arrive... I have high hopes for it!

EDIT: That video posted above makes me feel a lot better about the durability of the iPhone. Maybe I will have to keep the Incase Folio case and cancel that order for the Case Mate one. I was worried about how slippery the iPhone feels in my hand...
I purchased the Case Mate leather sleeve today at the ATT Store. I didn't get the holster as I loathe belt clips (though it includes one you can screw in). The case is very well made, the leather is nice and soft, but I think I am going to return it. I just don't like that it doesn't evenly cover the area of the phone above the speaker, though there is a small piece of leather below. Makes it uncomfortable to hold to my ear.

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 2, 2007, 07:58 AM

Yeah, I have decided I will be canceling the order for the Case Mate case. I have started using the Incase folio case, and I think it will work for me after all...

markw10
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 3, 2007, 09:28 PM

I have a Griffin iTrip that I've used for quite awhile with my standard video iPod. I now have a iPhone and tried using it. The good news is it charges it so I don't have to purchase a car charger for the iPhone but it doesn't seem to play through to the stereo. Of course the iPhone has it's own speaker but is it possible to get it to play through any of these car adapters? I was hoping it's as simple as changing a setting somewhere on the iPhone. If not maybe someday they will come out with models which support the iPhone if that's possible.

markw10
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 3, 2007, 09:51 PM

I've had my iPhone since Friday and realize how I can't go much longer without a case. I had a case for my 8125 which was the perfect case to me. It was leather and worked as a holster so I could quickly grab the phone during a phone call while leaving the case on my belt. I'd like a case like that but am scared of damage if I drop the iPhone. Yet the 8125 was actually seated inside the case with openings for the actual screen so if I chose to I could just grab the whole case and use the 8125 while in the case. I'd like this option for the iPhone since it would provide protection.
I guess what I'm looking for is a case that is both, holster style but yet there is something like a flip cover to protect the phone in case the entire case drops but also when you open the flip cover you can also hold the case and use the phone while in the case. Is there anything available like this?
Here is a link to a website that lists something similar to what I'm thinking of:

Krusell

icruise  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 3, 2007, 09:52 PM

Let me just remind people to put iPhone accessory discussion here. We don't really need dozens of case discussions, each with a separate thread.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Jul 3, 2007, 10:13 PM

The Belkin I have works, but I use it through the auxiliary jack on my stereo. When I plug it in it asks if I want to switch it to airplane mode. Once I click Yes, it works perfectly. It switches airplane mode off when I take it out.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

jasonv1
Jul 3, 2007, 10:16 PM

When I plug it in the phone tells me it "wasn't designed for this device" then asks me if I want to disable the phone so it doesn't interfere with the music.

The message is just a courtesy, the ipod control works fine and it charges the phone as well.

Jason
-Formerly: Mac Plus, PowerMac 8100, Orange Clamshell iBook, G3 B@W, G3 900 iBook, G4 eMac, G5 1.8 Dually, G5 2.0 Dually, G4 iBook, G4 Mac Mini, MBP Rev1 2.0.

-Current: MBP Core 2 Duo

-If I can sneak it in the house: Mac Pro (any will do)

markw10
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 3, 2007, 10:17 PM

I tried to purchase a bluetooth headset when I purchased my iPhone on Friday. At the time they told me they didn't have any of the Apple Bluetooth Headsets in stock. They suggested Jabra, Plantronics, or Jawbone. I like Apple products so really thought it would be best to use Apple's bluetooth headset.
From looking at pictures though it seems it just has the earbud piece that fits in the ear but it doesn't have the usual ear loop that loops behind the ear. Does this type of setup really work well? What are opinions of people who have used this headset?
Is there another headset I should look at instead?

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jul 3, 2007, 10:36 PM

For quality jawbone probably sounds the best.

Coolness and size Apple.

markw10
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 3, 2007, 11:34 PM

I am looking for a screen protector for my new iPhone. I've heard the one Apple sells at their stores is the PIA-01 iPhone Crystal Film Set. I've used the ClearTouch protectors and like them and see they make one for the iPhone now.
My only concern is first, Is it necessary to have a screen protector? Next, do they in any way degrade the performance of the multi-touch screen? Most of all, if I get one what is a good brand to look at?

icruise  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 3, 2007, 11:50 PM

You already asked this once a few days ago, and I moved it to the accessory thread, just like this post. People (including myself) have already addressed the screen protector issue here. Please try and confine your accessory-related questions to this thread.

loveanh
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 10, 2007, 11:24 AM

I was thinking about getting the Belkin Holster but I've read that the clip was faulty and the case itself stretches after a couple of weeks and no longer holds the phone snug. Anyone experience this?

outdoor2extrm
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 10, 2007, 11:47 AM

I'm on the waiting list to receive the OtterBox case. It should be out soon!! I use there case for my iPod and I loved it so much that I sent them a picture and they posted it up. Here is the link OtterBox.com - Planet OtterBox and here is where you can check out the new iPhone case they are coming out with...totally awesome. iPhone Case, Hard iPhone Case, Waterproof iPhone, Protective iPhone case, iPhone Rugged Case.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Aug 11, 2007, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by icruise View Post
I think all car chargers should work, but my Belkin charger/line out device doesn't play music when used with the iPhone.
Does anyone know a car charger that has a working line-out when used with the iPhone? I hate FM transmitters and my tape adapter sounds great.

Anyone know if the Monster iCarCharger will work with the iPhone? I used to have one with my iPod Video and it worked great: Monster Cable -- Monster® iCarCharger for iPod®

Originally Posted by icruise View Post
I personally don't think it's going to be necessary. Screen protectors are most necessary for devices that use styli, because it's easy for a bit of grit to get under the tip of the stylus (or for the stylus tip itself to get damaged), and that can scratch the screen. But since you're using it with your fingers, the only time you'd have to worry about scratches is when it's in your pocket. Use reasonable caution and it should be fine. Did you see this video by the way?
I have an invisible shield on my iPhone, and I love it for the sole reason that I no longer get any visible fingerprints. My father recently bought an iPhone and his screen is always smudged with prints. I may not be adding much in the way of protection, but I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

icruise  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 12, 2007, 12:05 AM

The belkin charger I mentioned does work after the iPhone software update, although I have to turn off the phone function to prevent interference.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Aug 12, 2007, 12:59 AM

All glory to the hypnotoad.

icruise  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 12, 2007, 12:35 PM

Mine is white, but it looks very similar to that.

Jolt21
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 12, 2007, 01:10 PM

Does anyone know if Griffin's iTalk Pro will work with the IPhone? Does it have the same input that the iPods have?
blah

Forum Links
Forum Rules