Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > incorrect drives in finder

incorrect drives in finder
sminch
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2005, 04:48 AM

i burned a disk image to a cd this morning and i'm left with both a cd and a dmg icon in the finder drive bit off to the left hand side - along with the cd which is actually in there, i have the hd, two cds, and the dmg. they won't let me eject them (nothing at all happens) and i can't click on them and do something because it just says 'original item can not be found'. i assume that i can reset it and get rid of these, but how else can i get rid of them?

cheers in advance for any help you can give me on this!

sminch

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Feb 11, 2005, 07:24 AM

It won't let you eject what now? Anything at all? It sounds like something is wrong with Disk Arbitration. (I think that's the right daemon.) Try using Disk Utility to Verify the volumes. It will remount them and they should function again. If not, a restart may be necessary.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

sminch  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2005, 03:11 PM

thanks big mac - i installed 10.3.8 last night and the restart cleared the wacky disks. if it happens again i'll give the disk utility verify a shot. cheers!

Forum Links
Forum Rules