Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Bug in Yosemite Contacts GM 1 & 2

Bug in Yosemite Contacts GM 1 & 2
tundrwd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 8, 2014, 10:44 AM

After updating to GM 1, and having to do an iCloud reset (due to issues with Keychain), I've had problems ever since with the Contacts app. Every time it loads, it crashes. The only way to stop it from crashing is to disconnect iCloud contacts. At least I still have mine, as I did an export of all the vCards, and imported them back.

This occurs on both my iMac and MBAir systems - so I don't believe it's unique to the config of one machine. It's either the app itself, or something about my iCloud account after a "reset".

Anyone else have this problem and have a solution? So far, as I said, the only solution I've found is to disconnect my iCloud contacts. (And yes, I did use Feedback Assistant )

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Oct 8, 2014, 10:51 AM

I have not experienced any issues with Contact App using any of the Public Beta builds (latest is Beta 4) on either my iMac or Macbook Pro.

tundrwd  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 8, 2014, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
I have not experienced any issues with Contact App using any of the Public Beta builds (latest is Beta 4) on either my iMac or Macbook Pro.
I didn't either. I've been running the Yosemite beta on my desktop since mid-July, and on my MBAir since beginning of August. Only when GM1 came out, and iOS 8.02 - which caused some issue with iCloud, requiring a reset to even connect and use the iCloud features. I'm suspecting some issue with iCloud (since it occurs on both Macs) - but why would that cause Contacts to crash immediately? It does it if I have local contacts on my Mac, or the local contacts file(s) are empty (no contacts). Simply enabling it (iCloud contacts) causes a crash. I suspect some iCloud sync issue - but as it crashes immediately, I'm not sure if it is a particular contact - or just the fact of iCloud sync being enabled and something that has happened to both systems.

Ham Sandwich
Oct 8, 2014, 12:26 PM

What is "Golden Master 2"?

tundrwd  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 8, 2014, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by And.reg View Post
What is "Golden Master 2"?
The patch that came out yesterday afternoon. Just go into App Store/Updates, you'll find it.

Ham Sandwich
Oct 8, 2014, 12:54 PM

So it's basically another "not final" developer build?

tundrwd  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 8, 2014, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by And.reg View Post
So it's basically another "not final" developer build?
Yep - "we're almost, kinda, sorta, nearly, there"

tundrwd  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 8, 2014, 01:01 PM

Obviously, from the rumor mill - sounds like next week will be the actual release. Announce on Thursday, and if they do like normal, you can access it Friday sometime.

Ham Sandwich
Oct 8, 2014, 02:11 PM

I'll wait until after the Yosemite Downloadgate.

Forum Links
Forum Rules