Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > OS X Install

OS X Install
ekimyerac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2008, 02:08 PM

I have a 2.4, 2.16 and my daughter has a 2.0 Macbook, I have tried to install OS X 10.5 on my daughters but it keep saying that it cannot install OS X on this computer. What am I doing wrong?

Mike

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Sep 3, 2008, 02:14 PM

Are you selecting the hard drive as the installation drive? It may be selecting the DVD by default.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 3, 2008, 02:18 PM

Sounds like you're trying to use the discs that came with your MacBook to install Leopard on your daughters MacBook. The reason it's not working is because your daughters MacBook is an older version.

It's also against the license for that copy of Leopard to install it on more than 1 Mac.

Andrew Stephens
Mac Elite
Sep 8, 2008, 01:32 PM

make a disc image of your Leopard installer dvd, put it on an external HDD (or connect your other mac via FWTM and follow the instrux here:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...71203051319476

faster than installing from a DVD too.

ps as seanc says, if that copy of leopard is already installed on another Mac then you are breaking the term of the agreement.

Forum Links
Forum Rules