Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Wacky lesbian disgraces veterans

Wacky lesbian disgraces veterans (Page 3)
ghporter
Administrator
Apr 26, 2009, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post

They were watching news coverage from Ground Zero. Many companies let their employees go home early, including mine (Motorola/Freescale), to watch the news coverage.
I didn't get to go home, nor watch news coverage at work. I started working 12-hour days, 6 days a week, for about 2 1/2 months, at about 10 central time that day. It was an event that had a huge impact on people emotionally, but it also pointed out things that needed to be done. For me, it was manning my Unit Control Center and securing communications and communications facilities on my base. For an Attorney General's office, I imagine there were law enforcement issues to be addressed, such as whether there was a threat to Arizona sites and if so how to respond.

Not everybody on September 11 was merely an observer, and many of us NEEDED to be DOING SOMETHING, rather than just taking in the horrible spectacle. For some of us, it was an emotional requirement. For some it was a job requirement. For me, it was both. Maybe Ms. Napalitano figured that her staff, being responsible for law enforcement in Arizona, needed to actually DO something...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules