Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > (Poll) Achievements/Trophies: TNG

View Poll Results: Should achievements/trophies carry over into the next generation?
Poll Options:
Yes! I don't want to lose all of that hard work. 1 votes (33.33%)
No. I want to start fresh, and the playing field should be level. 1 votes (33.33%)
Yes, no, maybe. I don't care about achievements/trophies. 1 votes (33.33%)
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll
(Poll) Achievements/Trophies: TNG
Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
May 24, 2011, 06:16 PM

I was thinking about the next generation that is sure to come within the next 2-3 years, then I began wondering what will happen to all of the achievements and trophies that have been amassed. A lot of hard work has gone into impressing people with these glorified bragging rights, and a lot of people might be upset if they have to start from scratch. Seeing that achievements/trophies were introduced this generation, it's something that the powers-that-be haven't had to consider until now.

First of all, the poll question.

Secondly, what if there was a solution that included an "overall" achievement level and a "current gen" achievement count? Good idea? Bad idea?

Jawbone54  (op)
Posting Junkie
May 24, 2011, 06:18 PM

[EDIT] DANGIT...didn't make it public. Mods? Help? Anyone?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
May 24, 2011, 06:24 PM

I like the idea of continuity, but I can't say it'd be a big deal either. Much like starting a fresh game, there's some satisfaction in working your way back up the ladder and comparing yourself to your friends who have also started over again that can also be rewarding.

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
May 24, 2011, 06:32 PM

I would be willing to bet your current GS and amassed achievements would continue with the Gamercard, I've had my gamercard for almost 6 years and starting from zero would be stupid of MS.

Although i would prefer to keep my achievements, more importantly i hope they continue to have achievements. I think that they have made me more of a perfectionist and although the achievements are arbitrary its a larger sense of accomplishment than previous generations. In previous generations I've searched for all collectibles and extra's but achievements add a new sense of completion (also give difficult and different challenges)

All in all they have extended my enjoyment of the games i buy (and like), which in my mind is not in anyway a bad thing.

EDIT: Dakar's post makes a great point, i now think you should get a final x360 score or rating that you could review (100% games, highest scores, maybe a "trophy case" similar to TA). This would allow you to keep your "earned" score and also climb the ladder with your friends

Forum Links
Forum Rules