Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > People Of Ukraine - I stand with you

People Of Ukraine - I stand with you
Snow-i
Professional Poster
Feb 24, 2014, 01:17 PM

There isn't a thread on this already, but with all the unrest and finally the deposition of a dictator in the European state of Ukraine...

I stand with you, Ukranians, for forcefully removing your country from the jaws of corrupt authoritarianism.

I commend you for your restraint, in limiting the bloodshed to defending yourselves against the forces of the tyrant.

I commend you for your courage, for continuing to unite and demonstrate in the face of brutal greed.

I commend you for your spirit, for letting it be known that the people of Ukraine will not accept Putin-style tyranny, where your "leaders" live in utter, stolen opulence while you struggle to put food on the table.

I can only pray that your new found optimism is not fouled by other opportunistic politicians who try to usurp the rebuilding process for their own ends. So far, you're off to a good start.

Call it a coup de tat if you like, either way the Ukranian people have spoken - they will not be oppressed by their own government anymore. Bravo, Ukraine.

Thoughts and perspectives on the situation as a whole, please .

HamSandwich
Feb 27, 2014, 09:09 AM

Oi. Could be Egyptian struggles during the next years, though. So they try reelections and a new constitution, but they don't get reform done etc. We'll see.

Forum Links
Forum Rules