Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > ~ The official Tiger buglist

~ The official Tiger buglist (Page 7)
fhoubi
Senior User
May 2, 2005, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Simon
AFAIC, they could iclude the option for a full-blown RPN calculator. I (and actually most of my colleagues) can't stand anything else.
Twenty bucks for a decent HP15C RPN widget!
I'm-a trying to wonder, wonder, wonder why you, wonder, wonder why you act so.

pyn
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2005, 04:47 PM

so wheres Graphulator or Grapher :'(

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2005, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by fhoubi
Twenty bucks for a decent HP15C RPN widget!
A good RPN calculator widget would be great, HP or not. Here is a nice HP 41 emulator app (not a widget).

Chris

JLL
Professional Poster
May 2, 2005, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by TETENAL
My real world calculator is more than 15 years old and it gets it right. Where do you find one these days that doesn't?

Most widgets (Dictionary, Address Book) use the engines of their proper application equivalent under the hood, so why doesn't the Calculator widget use Calculator.app's engine when that is already capable to do it correctly?
Because there isn't a Calculator API available to apps. The widget is just a calculator written in Javascript.
JLL

- My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

JLL
Professional Poster
May 2, 2005, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by pyn
Somehow they decided to place it in /Applications/Utilities.
JLL

fhoubi
Senior User
May 2, 2005, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by chabig
Here is a nice HP 41 emulator app (not a widget).
OMG! I thank you forever.
I'm-a trying to wonder, wonder, wonder why you, wonder, wonder why you act so.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2005, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by fhoubi
OMG! I thank you forever.
That's a nice trio of machines. I replaced my HP 15C with an HP 28S about ten years ago and haven't found anything I'd want to replace it with.

Chris

One2meny
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2005, 06:52 PM

Yup, that's right, it's constantly unexpectedly quitting, doing work with normal html stuff.
Big Mac

Chris Grande
Senior User
May 2, 2005, 06:57 PM

Seems that Authentication dislogs come up inactive and then become active... very annoying.

nforcer
Mac Elite
May 2, 2005, 07:25 PM

Is uptime broken or is there some feature I do not know of? I installed Tiger on 4.29, restarted a few times after that and have had my computer on since, yet uptime reports "up 5 days, 5:29". Does not seem right to me.
Genius. You know who.

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2005, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Weyland-Yutani
You opinion of this matter is not important.

You have an attitude problem

You're right, ignoring order of operations is an acceptable behavior. But what's stupid about this is that it's inconsistent: Calculator.app is called "Calculator," not "Scientific Calculator." This widget is also called "Calculator." They need to either make them consistent, or make it clear that they don't do the same thing, because clearly people are expecting them to both respect order or operations.

SimeyTheLimey
Posting Junkie
May 2, 2005, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by chris v
What about sub-folders? I use CCC to automatically back up Users and applications weekly, but I leave the OS to do manually, so I don't automatically overwrite a buggy update over a known stable backup.

After reading through the Bombich forums, it looks like it's just an authentication issue, and you can launch it from the terminal by using 'sudo open'.

Not sure if 10.4 will still run scripts created in 10.3, though.
FYI, the "Tiger Balm" solution using sudo open does not work for everyone. This is from the forums:

link

Early reports are confusing in that this workaround works well for some and not at all for others, and there is insufficient info as yet to see why. If you are one of the unlucky ones and if making a Tiger clone is urgent you should consider logging in as root to do so. If you have to ask how to do that then I strongly suggest waiting � if you log in as root the potential for damage is great and you should be very sure you know exactly what you are doing. If you do log in as root remember to disable root asap.
Unfortunately, I found out the hard way. I now have a backed up drive which I can't boot from (it hangs). However, my documents files and so on seem to be OK so if the worst happens, I could reinstall the system and drag things across. Mike Bombich says he is working on a new version of CCC. I'm not sure how patient I am though, but I am sure he has a lot of people screaming at him.

What I don't understand is that he works for Apple. Surely he had an advance copy of Tiger to test this on?

tcugrilla
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2005, 12:03 AM

i did the tiger upgrade and lost all quicken files, hundreds of photos from iphoto, and three weeks worth of email. i should have done the archive and then the update.

kcmac
Mac Elite
May 3, 2005, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by pyn
Already been answered but let Spotlight help you. It is your friend.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2005, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by SimeyTheLimey
What I don't understand is that he works for Apple...
I didn't know that.

beverson
Mac Enthusiast
May 3, 2005, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by OreoCookie
It's not a bug. Support for that old a version is deprecated.

I would suggest the following: try to find a Mac which runs OS 9 (I'm sure you have old PowerMacs somewhere, ask students' parents to look in their attic) and move everything to OS 9. It should work for a little while longer ...
Negative. First of all, I'm not the admin, so it's not my job. I'm not being lazy when I say that, just a.) I try not to step on the toes of our tech people -- as a teacher, you never want to piss off the janitors or the tech folks; b.) I have a real fear that if they find out how much of a Mac geek I am, I'll end up fixing computers all day and not teaching any classes.

But more importantly, it's not nearly so easy to just "find a Mac which runs OS 9," nor do we "have old PowerMacs somewhere." Most teachers have the old beige G3 all-in-ones running OS 8.1. A few have newer iMacs which might be running 8.6 or even 9. But we're also tied to this old MacSchool software which is very temperamental. Suggesting that we move that to another system would get me laughed out of the school -- this is mission-critical data every single day, but even more so right now while the schedules for next year are being generated on the same software. AND, even if people were amenable to an upgrade (to 9!), we just don't have the money. I teach in a lower- to middle-class semi-rural area. Not only is the district not very affluent, very few of the families are either. Most of my kids don't even have computers at home, much less a spare PowerMac collecting dust in an attic.

I don't mean to sound snippy, but this is incredibly frustrating. Every single one of us at the school (including our tech people) would LOVE to have all new Macs running newer software. Even having everyone on 9 would be a plus -- everyone on some flavor of X would be heaven. It's just not realistic. The only reason I have Tiger is because I bring my own PowerBook to school. And there are LOTS of districts around the country much worse off than we are. The problem is that any single new Mac that we (or anyone) buys while still tied to legacy software/hardware is going to be incompatible.

So we're damned if we do -- we did get a couple new Panther machines this year -- and damned if we don't. THAT'S the problem here. The next new Mac we buy will have Tiger. And it won't be able to get on the attendance system. That's no way to convince the district to spend more money on new Macs for us.
( Last edited by beverson; May 3, 2005 at 12:33 AM. Reason: typos)

Weyland-Yutani
Mac Elite
May 3, 2005, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by wataru
You're right, ignoring order of operations is an acceptable behavior. But what's stupid about this is that it's inconsistent: Calculator.app is called "Calculator," not "Scientific Calculator." This widget is also called "Calculator." They need to either make them consistent, or make it clear that they don't do the same thing, because clearly people are expecting them to both respect order or operations.
Wait a minute.. you are complaining of inconsitency in Mac OS X??

FTFF and the we'll talk. OS X is all about inconsistency in interface and IIRC you have defended the inconsistent Finder interface tooth and claw.

I know what you are saying, though and I agree with you that there should be a consistent behavior between the Calculator app and the Dashboard calculator. 100% agreed. Just a bit surprised you'd say a negative thing about Apple's human interface, even if it was just in passing.

off-topic: your past precedes you wataru. You do have an attitude problem that breaks out in sarcastic/patronizing one-liners in a holier-than-thou nerdy kind of way.

In a tech forum I'd expect everyone who posts to be helpful and nice or not post at all

“Building Better Worlds”

nforcer
Mac Elite
May 3, 2005, 07:48 AM

I used Automator to quickly resize 150 or so high res images. It took a while and I decided to watch the Terminal at the same time. As images are resized a process named 'sips' (scriptable image processing system, "man sips") launches and runs for each image (sequentially), then quits. Seems to be a crappy way of doing things, as by the end it had launched and quit 150 processes (unnecessary overhead). While the process took a while and I think I can safely attribute that to the general file size of the images being resized, I think a smarter approach would be to launch a single process for all images and thread it if the user has multiple CPUs. I guess that's not really a bug, but just a poor implementation of note (like a few other things).
Genius. You know who.

Erik Vlietinck
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2005, 08:00 AM

OK, here's for additional serious bugs: try running Adobe Acrobat 7 on a case-sensitive volume. No startup even. Try adding a Dymo USB Labelwriter with Printer Setup: it will only work if you select the printer from the "other" screen. This bug was already present in build 425 and previous builds.

Apple's DVD Studio Pro will not write directly to a dual-layer drive without problems. A Tiger bug? At first I didn't think so, until I tried Build/Format to the hard disk. Also a no-go. Select Format and Build separately and it will work. On Panther Build/Format always worked.

But there's good news too . Imagine finally being able to put your machine to sleep with a FireWire 800 PCI card inside.
---
Free, downloadable Tiger Migration Guide on IT-Enquirer.com

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2005, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Weyland-Yutani
FTFF and the we'll talk. OS X is all about inconsistency in interface and IIRC you have defended the inconsistent Finder interface tooth and claw.
What exactly have I defended about the Finder? I honestly don't remember what you're talking about.

Glad we agree on the Calculator issue.

euphras
Mac Elite
May 3, 2005, 10:45 AM

Originally posted by beverson:
"I've definitely just hit my head very hard against this AFP bug/restriction. It's terrible!

I was very happy with Tiger until today. I got to school (I'm a high school teacher) and tried to connect to our aging (OS 8?) AFP server that serves up our attendance data files. Our attendance program runs in Classic and has to connect to this old AFP server to get access to the data file. It's a pain in the butt, but at least it's worked until now. But today, I tried to mount the AFP server just like I have all year under Panther, and I got the following error message:

"This file server uses an incompatible version of the AFP protocol. You cannot connect to it."

WTF?? Did Tiger break compatibility with older AFP servers? I would love it if we could update all our aging Macs across the district or even just in our building, but it's not gonna happen any time soon (money). I'm sure that there are lots of schools and organizations that still need to network between new Tiger systems and older Classic-only machines. Why did this break??

I don't have another Tiger install here to test it with. In fact, I'm probably the only Tiger user in the building, and maybe the district, right now. Can anyone else confirm this problem? I tried logging into a clean account on my PowerBook and got the same error, so it's at least system-wide on my machine. I sure hope this is a bug and not a "feature" of some sort. I've already submitted a bug report to Apple (the feedback page doesn't even list 10.4 as a choice yet). I haven't checked other boards yet. I was really psyched about Tiger until 10 minutes ago...."
It�s not only you. In fact OreoCookie replied to a bug report i posted "upwards".
I�m in the same situation as you. I backed everything up on an old Quadra 950, which can only run up to OS 8.1. I had to reinstall OS 10.1 in order to get back my files. This is a major Bummer for me

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
May 3, 2005, 01:22 PM

VoiceOver crashes frequently on my Dual-G5. Also the voiceover cursor in the finder is often over the wrong icon, or between icons.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2005, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by chris v
I bought 10.4 and iLife 05 on the same day. I upgraded to 10.4 first, and played with it for a while, then upgraded to iLife 05. After upgrading the iLife suite, the "send to iPhoto" button is missing from Finder-generated slideshows.
Yes, I'm replying to myself. After re-starting, the button came back, but instead of actualy working, just clicking on it crashed the slideshow. I updated the iApps all to 5.01 and now the button's gone again.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

beverson
Mac Enthusiast
May 3, 2005, 05:25 PM

Here's another problem I just noticed, but again I can't confirm it on another Tiger system. I do admin a small lab of Panther machines for the newspaper and yearbook. We have a crappy Lexmark laser printer networked through printer sharing on one of the eMacs. Today I went in and hooked up my PowerBook to the LAN to print out some stuff, but I couldn't find the printer on the network. The other Panther machines can still find and print to it fine. I can see and connect to the file server (same machine) just fine, though "Local" is now "My Network" or something, which threw me for a second.

While I'm on our publications LAN (which is totally off the grid, so to speak), I'm still on a school WiFi network, which gets me online and I can see other printers around the school via AppleTalk, Bonjour, etc. I can't figure out why this one printer (shared via Rendezvous, same thing, right?) doesn't show up. I even turned off AirPort so I was only on the wired LAN, but this didn't help. And back when I was on Panther, it didn't matter. What was interesting is now I can share AppleTalk printers from the WiFi network a.) selectively, and b.) through to our wired LAN � I could never get that to work before. So that's an improvement, but it doesn't help me figure out why I all of a sudden can't see the shared Lexmark but the Panther machines still can. Anyone get something like this to work? I haven't seen it anywhere else that I know of.

fisherKing
Professional Poster
May 3, 2005, 07:27 PM

i'm just joining the fray as i just got my powerbook back with a new hd...
and just installed tiger.

i cannot seem to cut&paste text from textedit into the stickies in dashboard.

anyone else?

also, my ical will not let me select the # of hours i want it to display...
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

Cory Bauer
Dedicated MacNNer
May 4, 2005, 01:05 AM

You've got to be freaking kidding me. Much to my surprise, I tried Searching with Spotlight today only to find out it doesn't search network drives, even if those network drives belong to other computers running Tiger. I can't get it to search them AT ALL. Am I doing something wrong, or have I really just discovered that Spotlight is completely useless to me (seeing as how we keep everything on a shared volume at our office)?
-Cory Bauer
[email protected]
http://www.sboobtv.com

mAxximo
Mac Enthusiast
May 4, 2005, 01:41 AM

Spotlight is a big let down for me too so far. It needs to be fixed ASAP in the next update.

Another thing that's been bothering me since 10.0 and that Tiger didn't fix is this:

�I hit Control+Eject to Shutdown the computer. Photoshop has an unsaved document that I need to finish working on before shutting down so a dialogue comes up and my options are �Save�, �Don't Save� and �Cancel�. I hit �Cancel� to continue working on it. In the past this was enough to let the system know that the user decided to stay on doing something else instead of shutting down. But OS X insists on blocking my vision and actions with that unnecesary dialogue that comes up on top of everything saying �Shutdown was canceled because Photoshop failed to quit, blah, blah�.
Can't it detect that it was me the one who canceled the action and not Photoshop failing to quit?

mikemako
Senior User
May 4, 2005, 03:12 AM

some bugs:

Users names/images in login window are off-centered.

When changing from single-window mode to tab-mode, Safari displays a distortion at the top of the tab:

My Computer: MacBook Pro 2GHz, Mac OS X 10.4.5

CaptainHaddock
Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2005, 03:19 AM

The bugs I have encountered after 2 hours using Tiger: (I've been filing bugs at Apple's website like crazy)

1. Dashboard always crashes after installing a new widget.

2. Smart folders have no way to choose "or" instead of "and" - and really, if you choose mutually exclusive criteria (like kind: images and kind: documents), then "or" should be the default.

3. The "file pathname" selector in smart folders doesn't work. It always returns 0 items.

4. Cmd-ctrl-D does not produce the dictionary pop-up window in Safari (but does in other apps).

JLL
Professional Poster
May 4, 2005, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Cory Bauer
You've got to be freaking kidding me. Much to my surprise, I tried Searching with Spotlight today only to find out it doesn't search network drives, even if those network drives belong to other computers running Tiger. I can't get it to search them AT ALL. Am I doing something wrong, or have I really just discovered that Spotlight is completely useless to me (seeing as how we keep everything on a shared volume at our office)?
Use Cmd-F in the Finder and choose the network volumes under Others...
JLL

Judge_Fire
Mac Elite
May 4, 2005, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by fisherKing
d just installed tiger.
i cannot seem to cut&paste text from textedit into the stickies in dashboard.
The dashboard stickies do not use a standard textfield, you can't undo either. They kinda suck.

J

PER3
Dedicated MacNNer
May 4, 2005, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock
The bugs I have encountered after 2 hours using Tiger: (I've been filing bugs at Apple's website like crazy)

2. Smart folders have no way to choose "or" instead of "and" - and really, if you choose mutually exclusive criteria (like kind: images and kind: documents), then "or" should be the default.
Removed while I check facts...

... it seems that boolean functions work in the Help finder, but not in Spotlight, which I suggested in my unedited reply.
( Last edited by PER3; May 4, 2005 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Checking facts)

Erik Vlietinck
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2005, 08:48 AM

Safari has a scrollbar bug as well; sometimes, after a few minutes, and a few scrolls, the blue "pill" begins to leave trails.

Dashboard: install a new widget and try using it. Then leave Dashboard. Go back and the widget has lost its icon, at least on my machine. Restart and everything is fine again.

This Tiger is not buggy, it's stoned!
---
Free, downloadable Tiger Migration Guide on IT-Enquirer.com

GreyArea
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2005, 09:03 AM

Something I've noticed: In QT7, if you minimise a film to the Dock it won't maximise again - it remains stuck in the Dock. Anyone else seeing this?
Jim
I'm Old Peculiar and so is my beer.

JKT
Professional Poster
May 4, 2005, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by GreyArea
Something I've noticed: In QT7, if you minimise a film to the Dock it won't maximise again - it remains stuck in the Dock. Anyone else seeing this?
Nope, works for me - do you have any Quicktime plugins installed from a prior version? It may be due to these being incompatible with QT7.

GreyArea
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2005, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by JKT
Nope, works for me - do you have any Quicktime plugins installed from a prior version? It may be due to these being incompatible with QT7.
Hmmm. Now you mention it, there _is_ a DiVX codec there. I think it's the ffmpeg one but I'm not sure. I'll try removing it and see what happens.
Jim
I'm Old Peculiar and so is my beer.

TheTraveller
Dedicated MacNNer
May 4, 2005, 10:47 AM

I have a Jabra BT 250 Bluetooth Headset that worked just fine under Panther. Under Tiger, I can't get it to show up as a sound input/output device in the System Preferences sound panel. Hmmm....

Severed Hand of Skywalker  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2005, 12:10 PM

On apples feedback page they don't even let you list 10.4 as an OS. So much for reporting a problem.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

euphras
Mac Elite
May 4, 2005, 12:25 PM

I wonder why nobody else tripped about this one: the utilities app keycaps is gone..

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

rhythmicmoose
Mac Enthusiast
May 4, 2005, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by RonnieoftheRose
Is this one true? If you choose to hide and then show file extensions all applications show .app at the end of them.
I can confirm this, although I think it did it without me ever changing the setting. I've always had it on "show all," but now I can see all the .apps.

Anyone find a fix?

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2005, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cory Bauer
You might like this hint.

Chris

fisherKing
Professional Poster
May 4, 2005, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Judge_Fire
The dashboard stickies do not use a standard textfield, you can't undo either. They kinda suck.

J
hmmmm...i'd just say "sucks", not "kinda"...

meanwhile...when i go to desktop pics, switching from "full screen" to "fit to screen" changes nothing....

and automater has to be force-quit after i make an action...

yikes!
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
May 4, 2005, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by euphras
I wonder why nobody else tripped about this one: the utilities app keycaps is gone..
Because it disappeared in Panther - It's now under the 'Keyboard Viewer' under the international menu bar item.

U n i o n 0015
Forum Regular
May 4, 2005, 03:27 PM

Not sure if anyone else is getting this bug, but I thought I'd throw it out there...

Randomly, the minimize jewel will be greyed out on a lot of my apps. For example, RIGHT NOW it's greyed out on Safari, Adium, Preview...so it looks to be system wide. CMD + M won't minimize the window either. It seems that a restart fixes this, but I am still experiencing it occasionally. It sucks! Anyone else having this problem?
12" 1.5GHz Aluminum PowerBook G4
15" 1GHz Titanium PowerBook G4

LightWaver-67
Senior User
May 4, 2005, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by coldfusion1970
Thats always been how it works.
It only shows todays date in the dock when you click on iCal and actually open it.
Not true... I've used iCal since its introduction and I can guarantee that up until my update from Panther to Tiger... the app ALWAYS showed the current date in the dock icon while running. Now, I cannot even figure-out how to FORCE it to show it.

I have it set to automatically launch at starup and have ever since I've been using it and the date-in-the-dock functionality ceased after the Tiger upgrade.

stinch
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2005, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by wataru
Having two simple calculators that function differently probably isn't the best idea if you want to avoid confusion. However they are using the standard way to tell you which method the calculator uses.
Simple calculators like the dashboard update the display with the current total when you click an operator.
For example if you where to do the calculation 1 + 3 * 5
press
1 + 3 *
Since the last key pressed was an operation it shows the current total (4) on the display
Press 5 and 4 * 5 gets you 25
With calculator.app
1 + 3 * gives you 3 on the display which tells you it is putting the input in a buffer and will calculate it all in one go.

As for an actuall bug.
In safari using the right click context menu.
Click the reload item then before the page has finished loading click the stop item.
Right click again and safari will crash.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
May 4, 2005, 07:57 PM

iPhoto crashes frequently for me, conveniently forgetting changes I've made since launch. Including photos deleted, but not photos changed. This makes the thumbnails look all screwed up as well. This makes it a joy tagging files, having to quit iPhoto every time I make a change.

Is there a way to force iPhoto to rebuild the database / thumbnail-cache?

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
May 4, 2005, 08:10 PM

Just to answer my own question: holding cmd-option while launching iPhoto will give you a range of rebuilding-options. Nifty.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

MacGallant
Dedicated MacNNer
May 4, 2005, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Erik Vlietinck
Safari has a scrollbar bug as well; sometimes, after a few minutes, and a few scrolls, the blue "pill" begins to leave trails.

Dashboard: install a new widget and try using it. Then leave Dashboard. Go back and the widget has lost its icon, at least on my machine. Restart and everything is fine again.

This Tiger is not buggy, it's stoned!
The scrollbar leaving trails was exactly the problem I was trying to describe when I spoke of scrollbar "artifacts"

I hope Apple fixes this.
PowerMacG4 MDD Dual867Mhz, MacOSX 10.5.5 Leopard
2GB Ram, 128mb Radeon 9800 Pro, 80GB HD & 160GB HD
MacBook Black: Core2Duo 2.2Ghz, MacOSX 10.5.5 Leopard
4GB Ram & 250GB HD

USNA91
Dedicated MacNNer
May 4, 2005, 09:20 PM

Is anyone else having their computers occaisionally make a sound as if the SuperDrive was trying to eject a disc?

It started after my Tiger install. Happens once or twice a day.

Forum Links
Forum Rules