Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > MacNN: Cars (pics inside)

MacNN: Cars (pics inside)
V12
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2007, 08:55 PM

So we have a 'Cribz' thread, and if i recall there was a vehicle picture post, but how about a new one for 2007.

Post pictures of your car or cars. And if anyone has the apple sticker logo on thier car, don't be shy to share.

I'll chime in later, after a post or 2.

powerbook867
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2007, 09:19 PM

I'll start...me and the girls offroading

Joe

V12  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2007, 09:23 PM

awesome pic and car, i really like the FJ Cruiser, do you have any offroad upgrades? Is it as fun on the trails as it looks?

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 5, 2007, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by V12 View Post
So we have a 'Cribz' thread, and if i recall there was a vehicle picture post, but how about a new one for 2007.
Post pictures of your car or cars. And if anyone has the apple sticker logo on thier car, don't be shy to share.
cjrivera will be along shortly with pics of his McLaren F1 and Bugatti Veyron.

I drive a Blandmobile.* It's blue, or possibly beige - it's THAT exciting. I'd post a picture but I fell asleep trying.

* Holden Commodore.

Railroader
Banned
Jan 5, 2007, 09:29 PM

Mine: '04 Chevy Cavalier and '03 Chevy Venture minivan. I like them because they are paid for and built in America.

I peeled the cheap make-it-go-faster-graphics off.

Not mine, [edit]but I think it's funny.

( Last edited by Railroader; Jan 5, 2007 at 10:20 PM. )

V12  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2007, 09:36 PM

cool cool, not too big of a fan of american cars, but i do like the escalade.

Here's my car, 2006 Scion tC with a few mods, notably: catback exhaust, cold air intake, and 10" subwoofer, tints and a custom grille.

Anyway, here are the pics i took infront of my parents house.

powerbook867
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2007, 09:43 PM

No upgrades yet. Tires need changed out and I would REALLY like a new bumper and winch combo, but it's probably not going to happen any time soon.

She's a blast to drive around in and holds a ton of stuff. Went camping in the Badlands in September and it was awesome!

The tc looks great man. Real clean.
Joe

macroy
Mac Elite
Jan 5, 2007, 09:43 PM

Here's my car, 2006 Scion tC with a few mods, notably: catback exhaust, cold air intake, and 10" subwoofer, tints and a custom grille.

- snip
Niiice detail job there. Looks good.

V12  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2007, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by macroy View Post
Niiice detail job there. Looks good.
Thanks macroy.

Im guessing you either have or like the m3, as per your signature. I'm a huge fan of Euro cars (wish i coulda got one myself, a lil out of my price range, considering the tC was my first car)

Weezer
Mac Elite
Jan 5, 2007, 10:17 PM

when I first looked at the first pic, I thought you had been in an accident and the hood was screwed up damn lighting

Imac Core Duo 1.83/1.5 GB/20 inch cinema, ibook G4 1 ghz

Railroader
Banned
Jan 5, 2007, 10:23 PM

I am not a fan of cars, just Americans. It's sort of a back scratching thing.

I used to hate Escalades, but I took a ride in a fully loaded one recently and I have to say, if you have a lot money you need to spend and need a vehicle that is smooth... an Escalade would fit the bill.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jan 5, 2007, 10:28 PM

DoofMobile about to go for a paddle in the Irish Sea.

Drying off.
( Last edited by Doofy; Jan 5, 2007 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Added pic)

Railroader
Banned
Jan 5, 2007, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
[img]http://www.zen10381.zen.co.uk/static/DSCF0197.png[img]

Nice. Sweet scenery too.

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Jan 5, 2007, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Face Ache View Post
cjrivera will be along shortly with pics of his Bugatti Veyron.
How did you know I had a Bugatti?
It's a kind of a hassle because I can't fit all the kids in the car at once and it's also kind of a pain to get the interior clean...

... but it's awesome on the track!
"It's weird the way 'finger puppets' sounds ok as a noun..."

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jan 5, 2007, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
Nice.
Heh. It actually looks like a real saggy old bag of bolts. Bullbar held on by a bit of string, stuff like that. But I like it that way - stops it getting nicked and stops hippies from whining about folks who use SUVs never going off-road. Needless to say, the mechanicals have been perfected to within an inch of their lives.

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
Sweet scenery too.
Oh yeah - I love that bit of the World. It's about a mile from Portmeirion, where the TV series "The Prisoner" was filmed. A couple of miles inland it starts getting bumpy.

Railroader
Banned
Jan 5, 2007, 10:56 PM

Heh. It actually looks like a real saggy old bag of bolts. Bullbar held on by a bit of string, stuff like that. But I like it that way - stops it getting nicked and stops hippies from whining about folks who use SUVs never going off-road. Needless to say, the mechanicals have been perfected to within an inch of their lives.
Hey, it's paid for and it runs. Nice.

Oh yeah - I love that bit of the World. It's about a mile from Portmeirion, where the TV series "The Prisoner" was filmed. A couple of miles inland it starts getting bumpy.
Looks like my kind of land.

idyll
Senior User
Jan 6, 2007, 01:19 AM

milenko11
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 6, 2007, 01:26 AM

Sage
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2007, 01:46 AM

My Mazda 3 s:

I took those pictures when it was brand new, which was almost a year ago. It pretty much looks the same except now it has proper plates (and a bit more dirt).

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 6, 2007, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by powerbook867 View Post
I'll start...me and the girls offroading

Flat dirt= offroading? I'm pretty sure I could drive a corvette right there.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 6, 2007, 02:00 AM

Why do people insist on getting a big ghetto thumper before replacing the rest of their speakers? I've heard a lot of car systems, and the ones that have ALL the speakers replaced sound way better than factory speakers+ a sub.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 6, 2007, 02:03 AM

Thanks macroy.

Im guessing you either have or like the m3, as per your signature. I'm a huge fan of Euro cars (wish i coulda got one myself, a lil out of my price range, considering the tC was my first car)
Yeah. Even if you could 'afford' one, you probably couldn't afford the maintence that comes with it. Parts for german cars are ridiculously expensive, when they really shouldn't be. Good job on the TC though... I like that car a lot, I just wish it was RWD or AWD. FWD is just... I dunno..unless it's just a crappy autox car like a neon, I don't think I'll buy FWD again.

Railroader
Banned
Jan 6, 2007, 02:07 AM

Missed it the first time. Nice topiary. Is that your parents?

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 6, 2007, 02:16 AM

1992 Subaru SVX LSL @ 193,000 miles

3.3 liter boxer 6, AWD, top end of over 150mph, on the highway it can hit 27mpg, 15.5 @ 89mph. Stainless Stebro muffler, center section, and euro resonator, stage 1 shift kit, modded 9005 headlights for 70% more light output, lowered 1.5" all around with 30% stiffer springs, new Showa struts, basically new suspension everywhere, poly swaybar bushings, sony xplode mp3 cd player, alpine 4 channel amp, blaupunkt component system with 6.5s in the doors and tweeters in the dash with custom crossover, and JBL 6X9s in back. Love it, but it's been in storage since August of 05. I plan to paint it myself after I get some practice on some of my other vehicles. Also, eventually an STi 6spd transmission, and maybe the supercharger from ecutune.com. 400+hp + awd + SVX= win.

Now I roll in this thing:

I also just got a free car, it's a 92 Honda Accord EX, I think? It's a sedan, it's red, and it has a moonroof. The bad thing is it's an auto... it's not exactly slow, but I hate automatics. They drive me nuts. The good news is since it's a honda I can probably find a transmission for around $100 or so. Maybe this summer I'll convert it.

My wife has an 89 accord 5spd with 249,000 miles on it, it's a great car. At 240ish, the entire front suspension needed to be replaced so I did that one weekend..new balljoints, tierods, bushings, etc. So far it's all still pretty much stock, but I did pick up a set of Acura Integra GSR fat fives, so I'll be putting those on this summer, along with new springs (slightly lower) and new struts. When I'm done it'll look like this:

Future plans? New paint, little bit of bodywork. Possibly an engine swap. Right now it's an anemic A20 with only 98hp, AND it's got a carb, so it only gets 25-30mpg. I'm thinking about dropping a B18 in it... cheap, fast, better mpg, and a LOT more power. Plus it'd have VTEC OMG OMG!

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Jan 6, 2007, 02:41 AM

I'll let you see what I see. This is a great privilege for you folks, getting to see what a real car looks like. Look closely. Now close your eyes and imagine 348hp at your disposal. A few minutes in a E500 can easily nullify the environmental benefit provided by every Toyota Prius on the planet.

(#866 of approx 1650 built in 1993)

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2007, 02:46 AM

I have a 1992 toyota corolla for daily duties, hopefully will be replacing it with a subaru sedan this spring, although finding a manual tranny sedan that is not a WRX is hard!

Here is my pride and joy, my 89 Jeep Wrangler, 4" Lift 1" body lift 33" Goodyear MTR tires Detroit axle locker in the rear, 4.56 gears, and the best part was the 2000 4.0L straight six and the NV3550 tranny... axle swap is in the works, I am shooting for a coil spring front and 37" tires, and I do the engine swap and lift myself, the fabrication of the cage was done by a professional...

The only thing that is still on the jeep from when I first bought it is the frame and body, everything else was either new, or swapped from a newer wrangler.

Ca$h: I would buy an SVX, but I really really want a manual tranny and I done want to swap one from a forrester...

Zach

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 6, 2007, 02:47 AM

Nice whip spliff. If you come to milwaukee I want a ride in it. I've been reading about it here:

Mercedes Benz E500 - Welcome to E500.org

However, I betcha that thing is a beast to maintain. Still, much better than your old jag though.

Edit: How much do these things run? That seems like a pretty awesome car... if the price is low enough, I'd definitely consider getting one in a few years.
( Last edited by centerchannel68; Jan 6, 2007 at 02:55 AM. )

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 6, 2007, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by phantomdragonz View Post

Ca$h: I would buy an SVX, but I really really want a manual tranny and I done want to swap one from a forrester...
FYI, it doesn't have to be a forester. Any subie works. WRX, legacy, forester, outback, etc. They're all pretty much the same. That said, I HATE automatics, and I still love my SVX. It's really that good of a car, that I can still love the thing despite it's transmission. Also.... converting to RWD, while stupid, looks rather fun:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NNliKuGQs74
http://youtube.com/watch?v=30vuTT_5YFU

You really can't beat this car for the price. Find me another sub 5 grand car with this much performance, luxury, reliability, and build quality. Won't happen.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 6, 2007, 02:57 AM

I have a 1992 toyota corolla for daily duties, hopefully will be replacing it with a subaru sedan this spring, although finding a manual tranny sedan that is not a WRX is hard!

Zach
Note to everyone here: THAT is offroading. And also note he has a commuter car seperately. All you other SUV driving pansies who claim to offroad on 'gravel' and drive the thing everyday are full of crap.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Jan 6, 2007, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by centerchannel68 View Post
Nice whip spliff. If you come to milwaukee I want a ride in it. I've been reading about it here:

Mercedes Benz E500 - Welcome to E500.org

However, I betcha that thing is a beast to maintain. Still, much better than your old jag though.
When the 300E first came out over 15 years ago I wanted one so bad it hurt. 140mph was a big deal then. Then, to make things worse, they offered a limited edition 400E. I was still too broke to buy even a used 300E. THEN, I saw the 500E and I was like blown away. And still too broke to buy any E-series.

A dozen years later I was searching through one of those Auto Trader catalogs and I stumbled across a '93 E500 (technically a 500E with the newer E body). It was in Lexington, not too far from where I live - and it was in showroom condition. It had about 25,000 miles on it. I drove out there and looked at it and discovered the man had 2 of them in his garage. Both were just like new. Not even a small scratch anywhere.

I took the car home the next day, after parting with $15,750. I don't even know what the book value is on the car, but I wouldn't sell it for twice what I paid. It sits in my garage covered with a custom fitted blanket. Every now and then I sit in it and listen to the radio, and sometimes I even crank the engine. Mostly, though, I lift the hood and stare at the engine wondering how they crammed all that in there.

I've only driven it about 6 or 7 times. Usually just up to Wendy's to get a burger. I figure as long as I own it there will always be one decent example of a E500 left.

I still miss the big V12 Jag. It would give the Benz a good run for its money on the interstate. Turned more heads, too. The Benz doesn't draw any attention whatsoever. And it doesn't have the wicked V12 sound.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2007, 03:36 AM

I thought you didn't own a camera...?

And this is how I roll:

I did the smart thing and upgraded the interior speakers first. I started with a Kenwood deck and kenwood 6x8s up front, with stock 6x8s in the rear. Then I actually made a little bit of money this summer and put the kenwoods in back and got a pair of Infinity Kappa 682.7cf (100W RMS @ 2ohm) for the front, an Infinity Reference 1050W (250W RMS @ 4ohm) powered by a Kenwood KAC-8452 4 channel amp (100W x 2 @ 2 ohm + 200W x 1 (bridged) @ 4 ohm). I'm quite happy with it.
Performance? Why bother, it's an auto.

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2007, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
when I first looked at the first pic, I thought you had been in an accident and the hood was screwed up damn lighting
I thought the same thing.
The reflection of that tree and the white line in the road off that mirror-like wax job really plays tricks on you.
Weezer, what do you use to get your car looking that good?
"It's weird the way 'finger puppets' sounds ok as a noun..."

Jim Paradise
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2007, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy View Post
I'll let you see what I see. This is a great privilege for you folks, getting to see what a real car looks like. Look closely. Now close your eyes and imagine 348hp at your disposal. A few minutes in a E500 can easily nullify the environmental benefit provided by every Toyota Prius on the planet.

You lucky lucky man. How I love the E-Class.

V12  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 6, 2007, 05:51 AM

Yeah. Even if you could 'afford' one, you probably couldn't afford the maintence that comes with it. Parts for german cars are ridiculously expensive, when they really shouldn't be. Good job on the TC though... I like that car a lot, I just wish it was RWD or AWD. FWD is just... I dunno..unless it's just a crappy autox car like a neon, I don't think I'll buy FWD again.

Well im pretty sure all new BMW's and certified pre-owned cars from BMW come with free maintence for an extended period. I've had no problem with German cars (or should i say my father hasn't being a mercedes owner since the early 90s). He currently has a 2005 c55 amg that hasnt had any problems, around 19k miles on the car as well.

As for the tC, the car is simply 'looks' and reliability(i would have opted for a rwd euro, but like i said the tC was my first vehicle and filled most of my needs - ie low insurence rate, high mpg, fwd for the occaional NY snow in the winters), it's under powered (for me at least - although it will burn most civics/accords, and other 4 cylender ricers) and like you said FWD is boring, but it gets me from point A to point B with nearly 30mpg. It does however drive well, i didn't meantion that i had TRD lowering springs installed either, handles like a champ considering.

As for the speakers, the car came with 6 speakers -Pioneers, i amped those when i added the subwoofer.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 6, 2007, 06:33 AM

Have to say I like Doofy's jeep the best.

The Milkman
Forum Regular
Jan 6, 2007, 07:26 AM

Is that the car Mr. Eddy drove in Lost Highway? Awesome scene!

Edit: Oops! LH is a 1997 film and Robert Loggia's car had 1400HP. Quote: " This is where mechanical excellence and one-thousand four-hundred horsepower pays off. " It's a Mercedes Benz 450SEL 6.9 of the w116 body range (thank you Google).
( Last edited by The Milkman; Jan 6, 2007 at 07:41 AM. )
Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.
Oscar Wilde

zerostar
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2007, 07:48 AM

Daily Driver, G35 Sport 6MT 293hp Premium/Navigation/Sat Radio all under 35K

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 6, 2007, 08:11 AM

bling bling.

-Owl

Goldfinger
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2007, 08:30 AM

That's the dash out of the current E-class. Not a 1993 one. So that's absolutely not what you see.

Our cars:
Dad's car:

Mercedes S320, I rarely drive it. In dark blue, black interior.

Mom's car:

Mercedes E220 CDI Avantgarde. In a sort of light blue (special E-class only colour) with a light grey interior. I drive this one a lot since the gas is free (company issued car).

My car:

Renault Clio 1.6 16V "16V" version, only available in 3 doors. Sort of a sporty version of the Clio Initiale. Half cloth/half leather interior in blueish. Black metallic paint on the outside. 1/3 of Spliffdaddy's horsepower . But less than half the weight as well..

I'm too lazy to take pics of the Mercedes'.

iMac 20" C2D 2.16 | Acer Aspire One | Flickr

agentz
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2007, 09:50 AM

My current car:
MI5 doesn't do evil. Just treachery, treason and armageddon.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 6, 2007, 10:28 AM

My 2007 VW Eos

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jan 6, 2007, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Gossamer View Post
I thought you didn't own a camera...?
Until two weeks ago, I didn't.

Those photos were taken with someone else's camera on a day trip.

V12  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 6, 2007, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post

My 2007 VW Eos
Awesome car mdc, loved that car since the first time i saw it at the NY Auto Show

Is it as fun to drive as it looks? hows the interior?

Soccerji
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 6, 2007, 11:55 AM

( Last edited by Soccerji; Jan 6, 2007 at 12:08 PM. )

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jan 6, 2007, 12:02 PM

Flat dirt= offroading? I'm pretty sure I could drive a corvette right there.
Still, though, no road technically = off road

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2007, 12:37 PM

Until two weeks ago, I didn't.

Those photos were taken with someone else's camera on a day trip.
So are we gonna see your mug up here any time? Does your mom finally get something to remember you by?

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2007, 12:41 PM

Here is my pride and joy, my 89 Jeep Wrangler, 4" Lift 1" body lift 33" Goodyear MTR tires Detroit axle locker in the rear, 4.56 gears, and the best part was the 2000 4.0L straight six and the NV3550 tranny... axle swap is in the works, I am shooting for a coil spring front and 37" tires, and I do the engine swap and lift myself, the fabrication of the cage was done by a professional...

The only thing that is still on the jeep from when I first bought it is the frame and body, everything else was either new, or swapped from a newer wrangler.

Zach
You've had to be using this baby as your daily for the past three weeks. Don't know how much snow Boulder received since christmas, got but Parker got an easy 60"
Nice Jeep. Where's the pic from? I haven't been offroading in about 6 years now but last did Pearl Pass which is yummy
[edit: looks like Utah kinda. Ever been over Poison Spider? It's a hoot!]
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jan 6, 2007, 12:47 PM

So are we gonna see your mug up here any time?
Nope.

Does your mom finally get something to remember you by?
She's got the baby pics. That'll do her.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 6, 2007, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by zerostar View Post
Daily Driver, G35 Sport 6MT 293hp Premium/Navigation/Sat Radio all under 35K
My dream car, and even better if they ever get a hybrid engine in that thing. Gorgeous.

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

mindwaves
Jan 6, 2007, 01:45 PM

2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition

Forum Links
Forum Rules