Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Problems with Internet Access after upgrading to QT Pro

Problems with Internet Access after upgrading to QT Pro
Brundibar
Aug 10, 2000, 12:40 PM

Hello,

I have got the following problem since upgrading to QT Pro. However, I cannot believe that this problem has anything to do with QT Pro, I rather suppose that it was some kind of coincidence.

Anyway, since I upgraded to QT Pro I do not get Internet Access every time I connect via Remote Access. Sometimes I do get access, but mostly I get the following error message: IE 5 ("The attempt to load 'Accessing URL: http://www.macrules.com/' failed"). However, when using AOL this message does not appear and I can use both the IE 5 as well as Netscape and AOLs internal browser.

I really do not have any idea what causes the problem. However, shortly before this problem occured (about one week earlier) I activated Apple Talk. But this should not have anything to do with it, or? I tried several ISPs as well, thinking that it might have something to do with the one it does not work with. However, all providers I tried, except for AOL, did not work either. So it must be a problem with the Software, I suppose. Since I will not get home until October and do not have any software with me I cannot reinstall the system software either.

Well, I hope someone can help me.

Brundibar
iBook 300 Mhz/32MBSDRAM (till they finally make RAM cheaper, cause nothing below 160 MB will do)/OS 8.6/ROM D1-2.3.1/3.2 GB

Forum Links
Forum Rules