Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > problems with English International

problems with English International
simonjames
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2001, 06:22 AM

I downloaded the English International version of 9.2.1 - chose Australia as my country and then was greeted with 3 or 4 disk image not found error messages - to say that 9.2 doesn't work is an understatment

Any other Aussies have similar problems?
this sig intentionally left blank

neely
Aug 23, 2001, 08:13 AM

Sounds to me like you've accidentally downloaded a segment of the multipart download, rather than the single archive. If you've got the single archive, it should be 83.1mb, whereas if you have just a single segment, it will probably be around 15-18mb. If you do just have one segment, you can either download the other segments to go with it, or grab the big 83mb file and discard the file you already have.

HTH.

simonjames  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2001, 06:15 PM

I grabbed the one big file - left it downloading over night and then installed it the next day.

Did you install the English International? Success?

cheers

Simon

simonjames  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 25, 2001, 06:22 PM

� reinstalled 9.2.1 and now keyboard commands don't work! And, the most worrying error, remote access turns itself on and connects to the internet about every tens minutes! The settings allow connection only when required - this thing connects when it wants to.

I am going back to 9.1 - this thing is too buggy. I hope there is another revision soon

blot
Forum Regular
Aug 25, 2001, 11:52 PM

Originally posted by simonjames:
<STRONG>� reinstalled 9.2.1 and now keyboard commands don't work! And, the most worrying error, remote access turns itself on and connects to the internet about every tens minutes! The settings allow connection only when required - this thing connects when it wants to.

I am going back to 9.1 - this thing is too buggy. I hope there is another revision soon </STRONG>
Check if the date/time cp is not using a network time server to sync your system clock every 10min.

wrgd to keyboard cmds, perhaps you have an extension conflict?

My update works fine btw.

SunSeeker
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 19, 2001, 07:18 AM

I was going to go ahead amd download this update amd having just bought an ibook in Australia, I would assume it is running international english, question is, how can I check?
Is it somewhere in system profiler, or what?

blot
Forum Regular
Sep 19, 2001, 01:27 PM

From the apple menu, select about this computer. You should see MAC OS Z 9.1 for example. The Z indicates that the OS is the international version. Or in the apple system profiler, under the system profile tab, select software overview tab and you will see the system indicated as english international.

SunSeeker
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 19, 2001, 11:11 PM

Thanks

Does that also apply to OSX, my system profiler says
Mac OS X 10.0.4 4Q12

Forum Links
Forum Rules