Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > The Saga Of A PowerBook 17

The Saga Of A PowerBook 17
iohead
Apr 3, 2003, 02:25 PM

Greetings

I had some "interesting" experience during my attempts to acquire a PB17. Those interested may read the story at the following URL:

http://www.kernelthread.com/mac/saga.html

Regards
-A

JakBeatZ
Forum Regular
Apr 3, 2003, 02:44 PM

That's a great story! He's a good story teller and has an uncanny knack for remembering conversations, word for word

Makes me happy for him buy makes me sad thinking that I, and so many others here don't have ours yet and can't share the enthusiasm I'm sure he's feeling now.

*sigh*

MyRuin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 3, 2003, 02:47 PM

I don't know what to say: what a day!
In my country we say that there are days you shouldn't leave home!
Enjoy you're Powerbook, mine I'm still waiting but they will deliver it to me next week!

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2003, 03:04 PM

Good story, good story.

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

Crusoe
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 3, 2003, 03:49 PM

Well at least I hope you work on Salary, hehe.

Not had a bad buying experience with computers but a decent shock several years back. Paid $2000 plus for a Dell, had checked to ship to an alt address being my work. On delivery day it had not arrived by late afternoon so I checked the status to find it was delivered at home at 9:45ish A.M.

To my surprise it was still in front of my door after a painfully slow bus ride. Even though any car that drives by could see it from a good distance, anyone that walked by or exited the cul de sac, would see this aptly labeled DELL LATITUDE beckoning them to steal it.

I'll either be buying retail or be camping in the bushes to ambush the fedex guy this time.
If a group of mimes are miming a forest and one falls down, does he make a sound?

Forum Links
Forum Rules