Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Mac Mini Problems

Mac Mini Problems
guru_ck
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2005, 02:49 PM

Hello everyone i'm new to the board! The last time I owned a Mac was several years ago when I had my PPC 6116 and LC580 with Mac OS 7.6. I received my Mini last night and I am having a few problems.

Issue #1: Whenever I put my Mini into sleep mode and try to turn it back on it just makes some noises and the light continues to blink. The monitor never sync back up. I have to unplug the power cord to the computer because the power button won't respond. Then after I unplug it the ****ing thing won't power back up. I usually have to wait 5-10 minutes before it decides to let me turn it back on.

Issue #2: All of the sudden in OS X the screen will fade in and out very smoothly. It does this every minute or so and is completely random.

What's going on?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 4, 2005, 02:51 PM

Originally posted by guru_ck:
What's going on?
That sounds like serious trouble.
You should call Apple Support and have them guide you through some hardware testing steps.

-t

Thade
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 4, 2005, 03:44 PM

the 5-10 minute thing sounds like a heat issue. Ya might also try turning off sleep just to see if the wierdness stops or continues.

icibaqu
Forum Regular
Feb 5, 2005, 01:46 PM

call them. have them run the tests with you. if there is anything wrong with it then take it to the store and have it replaced immidiately.

Forum Links
Forum Rules