Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iPhoto JPEG compression? Anywhere??

iPhoto JPEG compression? Anywhere??
thePurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2002, 05:44 AM

Okay maybe I'm just really blind, but does iPhoto not allow any form of JPEG compression when exporting images?? It seems like a very logical addition to set the JPEG compression level, in addition to the size controls currently there.

When exporting as a webpage, why on earth would anyone want to leave the images with no compression at all? Now that .mac costs money, I'll be looking at using the export as web page function, (it's quite good!) but JPEG compression is needed...and captions would be nice...

Is this just me?

velodev
Senior User
Oct 12, 2004, 08:50 PM

Has this been discovered?

PurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Oct 12, 2004, 09:55 PM

Whoa, that was a while back! A workaround I used after that was to just export the webpage as normal, then get graphic converter to batch convert all the images down to my required compression which worked well, just was an extra step.

These days I just use Gallery (a php photo gallery program) that integrates very well with iPhoto, and provides full control over things such as compression levels - although it takes a bit of time to setup the first time.

Forum Links
Forum Rules