Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > WC3- summon heroes

WC3- summon heroes
schwa
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2002, 02:32 PM

Is there some trick to summoning heroes in WC3 that I'm missing? The Altar of Heroes is there, but I don't see a summon hero option.

Guy Incognito
Banned
Jul 15, 2002, 03:00 PM

The altar is there to revive fallen heroes. Geez...I couldn't even start to imagine being able to summon a half a dozen heroes.

schwa  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2002, 03:23 PM

The previews and reviews definitely talk about summoning heroes (there are three for each race). How do you do it?

Todd Corzett
Forum Regular
Jul 15, 2002, 03:25 PM

I'm not a WCIII expert or anything, but it seems you can only summon one of each hero. You can do so in the altar. Once the hero dies you then can revive him/her in the altar. I don't think there is any way to summon more than one hero though.

-Todd...

schwa  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2002, 03:55 PM

Heroes are mentioned, among other places, <a href="http://www.insidemacgames.com/reviews/view.php?ID=276&Page=2" target="_blank">here</a>. Is this just referring to the unique characters who pop up in the game? (I haven't gotten very far)

<flojoe>
Jul 15, 2002, 04:02 PM

Have you been only playing solo missions? You can create heros in non campaigne games. I think the limit for heros is 3, I faintly remember reading about it.

schwa  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2002, 04:42 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by &lt;flojoe&gt;:
<strong>Have you been only playing solo missions? You can create heros in non campaigne games. I think the limit for heros is 3, I faintly remember reading about it.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Yes. I guess that's the issue- you can only summon in multiplayer?

Guy Incognito
Banned
Jul 15, 2002, 05:09 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by schwa:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by &lt;flojoe&gt;:
<strong>Have you been only playing solo missions? You can create heros in non campaigne games. I think the limit for heros is 3, I faintly remember reading about it.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Yes. I guess that's the issue- you can only summon in multiplayer?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Guess so...I haven't played multiplayer yet, no time for that at the moment...I'm still struggling with the campaign on 'normal'...once you hit the orc and elf campaign it becomes a pain. I have to stop this 'ravage everything' mentality...I normally waste very large armies trying to completely eradicate encampments.

meducus
Jul 15, 2002, 09:23 PM

quit playing the missions, log onto battlenet and play against other people......much more fun in my opinion....even works fine with 56K modem.

pahroza
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 15, 2002, 09:48 PM

I've made it further along into the (single player) game, and had the main character killed, who I was able to revive from the alter afterwards. I'm going to finish the SP game before I start in multi-player, as it has been a while since I played warcraft/starcraft, I thought it would be a good way for me to learn to be fast enough again.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jul 16, 2002, 01:45 AM

If you wish to play a "real game" without going on Battle.net, you can play a Custom or LAN game. . . .

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Forum Links
Forum Rules