Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Best Customer Service?

Best Customer Service?
Corys
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 29, 2002, 08:50 PM

Just curious to see where people feel like they have received great customer service when it comes to Mac products or services.

for me, I think both Dantz (Retrospect) and Extensis have great customer support/service..
If you Download a demo from Extensis, a few days later a sales/tech guy calls you asking if you had any problems running the demo, or had any questions about the product! that blows me away.

I have also had great luck with Dantz, email's get replied to quickly, and many times a technician will return my email with a phone call to walk me through something, on their dime..

seems like we beat the S*&t out of crappy companies with NO service or support but never praise the good ones.
www.prepressforums.com
News & Information for the Prepress Industry

flatcatch
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 29, 2002, 10:43 PM

My family has purchased a few Macs from http://powermax.com - and their people love to help. Probably the best "customer support" story from them was back when my step dad called to order a beige G3/333 bach when they first came out. First note that they are located just out of Portland, Oregon and my step dad lives in Seattle. Anyhow, the sales rep said she was "headed to Seattle that afteroon" if he wanted her to drive his new machine up that night to save on shipping charges... and get his new toy right away. So... later that day she met him outside his office, new Mac in tow. It's always nice to get a quick fix when you order a new toy.

Keep the rubber side down!

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Jan 29, 2002, 10:51 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Apr 23, 2004 at 12:58 PM. )

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 30, 2002, 09:43 AM

L.L. Bean and Saturn and Apple Technician Service (what I get for support as an AASP) are the criteria by which I judge ALL customer service interactions. Extremely polite ALWAYS, diplomatic, on time, swift resolution, effective. That's it.

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 30, 2002, 12:00 PM

Handspring, American Express and Voicestream have been great for customer service and always helpful.

Apple gets a good vote too, but they seem to enjoy pulling out your teeth before helping you out.

(How about the worst? Quark takes the cake!)
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

pizzasub
Forum Regular
Jan 30, 2002, 01:07 PM

I'll put my $.02 in for the Worst Customer Service:

Southwestern Bell.

They've charged us for four months of Long Distance when our LD is acutally through another carrier...

They cut off our service because we didn't pay our bill (intentional) and then charged us $25 to turn it back on when we already had our local service through someone else...

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 30, 2002, 02:41 PM

The folks at Granite Digital were very friendly and helped me through the installation of a drive into one of their firewire enclosures.

[I can hear the tekkies snickering in the background. Cut that out.]

I also like the tech support at GCC printers...they have been very good about sorting problems with my particular set up and calling back when they have more information.

ckohler
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 30, 2002, 03:40 PM

Saturn continues to jump through hoops for me even though I purchased my car from them over three years ago. Great service.

Another one I have to whole-heartedly recommend is http://www.ncsx.com/, a company specialzing in import video games. They update their news page with information about shipments and new releases every single day. If only other online stores (ahem.. Apple) were so diligent about keeping their customers informed on where the stock is and of possible delays in shipment.

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: ckohler ]

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 30, 2002, 03:49 PM

Originally posted by Timo:
<STRONG>

I also like the tech support at GCC printers...they have been very good about sorting problems with my particular set up and calling back when they have more information.</STRONG>
GCC of Bedford, MA. These folks kick ASS. And the products are damned good, too. Very Mac friendly (actually, they are friendly to all platforms... except a few which don't deserve it). I used their printers and services when I was working at a school in RI. Had, oh, 15 or so of their printers networked around campus. EXCELLENT equipment and SUPERIOR service. I highly recommend them.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 30, 2002, 04:37 PM

I had a package from Mac coonection mis-delivered by Fed Ex, and the sales rep at Mac Connection was on it like white on rice. She had me on three-way with Fed Ex the day I called her and it turned out that the box had gone into the black hole that is Dell Receiving. But she kept after the Fed Ex folks, and called me daily to see if they'd called me, and whether I'd gotten it yet. Dell finally found it after four days, and Fed Ex got it over here that day. I still need to send a complimentary e-mail to her boss.

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

cpatubo
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 30, 2002, 05:07 PM

I know these are not Mac related, but I wanted to share:

Nordstrom is notorious(?) for their excellent customer service. Some guy returned some snow tires there, although Nordy's does NOT sell tires (story here). Funny, eh?

I also have had a very pleasant experience with the online store of Peet's Coffee and Tea. They've given me replacement products very promptly, and offered me free shipping times two since then, to keep me happy.

I haven't been using NetFlix too long, but their CS has been excellent so far. They are quick and responsive.

Oh, and even though I didn't buy a car from them, Saturn is really customer service oriented, and made me feel really comfortable when I was shopping for a car. Most of their salespeople had never worked is sales before, and worked in Customer Service or Hospitality.

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: cpatubo ]

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Jan 30, 2002, 05:41 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Apr 23, 2004 at 12:58 PM. )

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 30, 2002, 05:46 PM

Originally posted by daimoni:
<STRONG>

Ok. You boys have got me sold on GCC.... I'm just saving up the cash for one.</STRONG>
WAA- HOO! Made a sale! Daddy will be so prou... ooop. Heh.
Seriously, you'll not be disappointed. Great products, great support.

Forum Links
Forum Rules