Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Film Competition > Old Film Comp (archive) > CyberMorphis - #3

CyberMorphis - #3
marcel
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2001, 10:20 PM

http://www.marcelsieglephoto.com/cybermorphis.html

Holy Raytracing! This 3D animation was made some time ago using Strata Studio Pro. The rendered footage was then edited using Adobe Premiere. This animation was done without a storyboard its abstract story line evolved over time.
marcel

icanadian
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 22, 2001, 12:33 AM

Nice concept and great animation, but whats with the title?

This space for rent.

marcel  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 25, 2001, 11:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by icanadian:
[QB]Nice concept and great animation, but whats with the title?

Glad you liked it. Got me on the title

Marcel
marcel

zorn
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 25, 2001, 11:44 PM

nice movie!

I so respect you for rendering that out on a 200 MHz 604. I've used slow machines in the past and they were a dread, even for stills.

As for the title, I'm lost as everyone else but I could see a posible political statement in the peice as a whole.

side question: who did the music, just curious.

Well good movie =)

Mike
~ Mike
--
Personal Site: MikeZornek.com
Other Interests: WebDevWiki.com

marcel  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2001, 12:56 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by zorn:
[QB]nice movie!

>I so respect you for rendering that out on a 200 MHz 604. I've used >slow machines in the past and they were a dread, even for stills.

It was very time consuming, fortunately I had some friends that were nice enough to let me render on their machines during off hours. Still it took a long time. Before rendering the final highres clips I rendered lowres versions and use those for editing, later replacing them with the highres clips. BTW, at that time a 200MHz 604 was fast in the Macworld.

>As for the title, I'm lost as everyone else but I could see a posible >political statement in the peice as a whole.

The title is made up word from "cyber" as in "cyberspace" and "morhpis" is derived from "metamorphosis".

>side question: who did the music, just curious.

The music is by Ottmar Liebert, the title of the piece is called "Lone Rider B" from the Album "Euphoria". It's a great Album.

Well good movie =)

Glad you like it.

Best,

Marcel
marcel

Demonhood
Administrator
Nov 26, 2001, 09:43 PM

entry up.

you want something else for your description?

marcel  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2001, 10:30 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Demonhood:
<STRONG>
entry up.

you want something else for your description?</STRONG>[/QUOTE

No, looks good. Thanks.
marcel

bchavez
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 1, 2002, 11:47 PM

Very cool!

I'm also confused about the name "Cyber Morphis". While watching my partner came up during the end and thought it was creating a snowflake.

That being said, this is merely my two cents...
It would be too cool if you formed the end section into an amazing tubling/rotating snowflake. This way you could give your short a beginning, middle and end. Beginning with a "liquid fairy", turning into a "frozen fairy" following through with what you have, then ending with creation of the snowflake (building on the crystaline form you have) it eventually falls, melts, then the process starts all over again.

I'm for renaming it H2O, CyberSnow, CyberVapor, CyberCrystal, CyberFreeze or something along those lines.

Again, i totally enjoied your work, and these are merely suggestions.

The imagery reminds me of some of the compilations in a DVD called "Beyond the Minds Eye", and I'm sure if they are making another they would be interested in seeing it.

Best of luck in the competition.

Thank you,

b

asterizk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2002, 07:07 AM

Originally posted by bchavez:
<STRONG>
The imagery reminds me of some of the compilations in a DVD called "Beyond the Minds Eye", and I'm sure if they are making another they would be interested in seeing it.
</STRONG>
Hehe, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Krishen

marcel  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 4, 2002, 03:15 AM

Originally posted by bchavez:
<STRONG>Very cool!

I'm also confused about the name "Cyber Morphis". While watching my partner came up during the end and thought it was creating a snowflake.

b</STRONG>
Thanks for checking out Cybermorphis and the nice post. I like the snowflake idea, to be honest though I have no plans to update Cybermorphis, I did this piece some time ago.

In general I stay away of intellectualizing my personal work, I like to leave the interpretation to the viewer - in fact I love it when people have different experiences and interpretation viewing my work.

But I guess I need to clear up a few things about the piece and its title . When I created the animation I approached the creative process unlike any animations or video productions I had done in the past. Basically it was an experiment. I started with a blank screen and let inspiration take control. The animation grew out of my state-of-mind at the time and then grew into more. For me Cybermorphis is about the Internet age. Its about the change in human interaction, it's about isolation amidst "total communication". People trapped in their transparent cubes, magnetically drawn to each other, morphing into a new entity (DNA like structure), whatever that might be. . . well, as I said I normally stay away from intellectualizing my work

Anyway, this is my interpretation, mind you I didn't think about this when I was doing the animation.

Glad you liked it, thanks for taking the time to check it out and posting.

All the best,

Marcel

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: marcel ]
marcel

Forum Links
Forum Rules