Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Freedom Force- gaining prestige

Freedom Force- gaining prestige
schwa
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 25, 2003, 02:32 PM

It seems awfully hard to get enough prestige in FF to recruit new members. I'm well into the game, and I managed to recruit Man-Of-War, but it seems like I'll only get enough prestige to recruit maybe one other hero before the game's over.

Am I missing something?
( Last edited by schwa; Mar 25, 2003 at 04:09 PM. )

Rickster
Mac Elite
Mar 25, 2003, 04:35 PM

Yeah, they seem to want to encourage leveling up a small number of heroes over recruiting a large number of heroes. However, there are some tricks to gaining prestige:

- There's a prestige bonus canister in almost every level or level block (an experience bonus too). Pause and take a thorough look around when the level starts -- they're often in alleyways or under trees. On levels where you have to hurry (like the one where continually spawning dinos wreck the city), it's often useful to send one hero out after the canister(s) while the other ones pursue the objective. Also, smash everything that's large enough to hold a canister -- sometimes they're hidden inside dumpsters, shipping crates, and the like.

- When you fight Deja Vu, you get a large amount of prestige for each clone you kill. Bring a team that can hold out against him for a long time, and you can get enough prestige on that level to hire all the heroes you want from then on.
Rick Roe
icons.cx | weblog

ranga
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 25, 2003, 11:40 PM

One trick I've used to get more prestige is to have all the characters use the canister instead of just one.

All you have to do is to find the prestige canister, then surround it with your characters. Pause the game and direct each one of your characters to use the canister. When you unpause the game they will each pickup prestige (so if you have 4 characters you get 4x the worth of the canister).

--ranga

schwa  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 26, 2003, 12:54 PM

Ah, thanks, Rick! I had just gotten to the Deja Vu level

Now all I need to decide is which heroes to pick up...

Rickster
Mac Elite
Mar 26, 2003, 05:42 PM

Now all I need to decide is which heroes to pick up...
I did pretty well with The Ant, Minuteman, El Diablo, and (required) Eve; the first two have attacks he's weak against, Diablo can fly around and draw Deja's attacks away from the other two, and Eve's entangling roots help you deal with the clones one at a time.

Of course, others have been known to build entire teams of custom heroes for the sole purpose of leveling up against Deja Vu, so there's always that route.

Neat trick, ranga -- I'll have to try that next time I play.
Rick Roe
icons.cx | weblog

schwa  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 27, 2003, 10:50 AM

I actually meant which ones to pick up "now that I've repeatedly beaten the stuffing out of DV's clones"

Microwave can pretty much take on an army of his clones without getting scratched. I just beat up Deja Vu until he had about 12 hp, so each of his clones was a one-shot kill. Cheap, yeah, but much more efficient than a once-per-level prestige quirk.

The whole prestige thing seems awfully misguided, IMHO. You should just get access to the heroes at a certain point, period. It's not like you can take them all on each mission...

Forum Links
Forum Rules