Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > G4 iBook

G4 iBook
KellyHogan
Banned
Location: The Breakaway Democratic Banana Republic of Jakichanistan.
Apr 29, 2002, 05:07 PM

I want to sell my current Ti-550 and either get a faster Ti-Book or an iBook 12" combo. But I really would only go for the latter if it had a G4. I hope a G4 iBook comes out soon. I would prefer a compact and powerful OSX laptop.

gonadman
May 1, 2002, 05:41 AM

I thought that's what the iBook is as it stands. Sure a G4 would be great too... but you know what they say...

It won't happen overnight, but it will happen.

pat++
Mac Elite
May 1, 2002, 02:02 PM

My guess is that we can expect an update for the iBook very soon... (july probably). It will either support faster G3 or G4 chip. I bet for a 650/700 G4 chip as all Macs now have a G4. The iBook is the last model behind with a G3...

hamiltondj
Forum Regular
May 1, 2002, 02:54 PM

I suspect that the G4 iBook will find its way out the door at MWNY.

But the more likely combination is a 400/500 G4

MarkusYamamoto
Forum Regular
May 2, 2002, 09:04 AM

How about 500 and 600 Mhz G4 iBooks?

Remember when Apple introduced the Tibooks the two models were 400 and 500Mhz G4's upgraded from 400 and 500Mhz G3 Pismo Powerbooks. It would be just like the Powerbook transition so that way Apple can keep the G4 iBooks at 100Mhz bus and hopefully the iBooks will stay cool and quiet like the G3 iBooks of the present.
I think that would be the safest transition to the G4 for the iBook so it wont interfere with Powerbook sales.

Also Apple should introduce Bluetooth in the G4 iBook with a better video card and a audio input to go along withiMusic a basic digital audio recording software with a built in software synthesizer and MIDI capabilities.

I wont go into any more details because this is going off the topic.

Markus
Markus 8^)

Forum Links
Forum Rules