Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Mac compatible PC slot cards?

Mac compatible PC slot cards?
MadanKnightRyukendo
Forum Regular
Feb 10, 2007, 01:12 PM

I just got a used G4 Titanium PowerBook, and the seller included the wrong AirPort card (he gave me an Airport Extreme card). So I need something for my PowerBook, but I know that AirPort cards are far from cheap. So I'm looking for a list of at least compatible brands of PCMCIA wireless cards (preferrably G), if not a list of some specific cards. I'll even take a desk adapter if I have to, just as long as I don't have to sit across from the family desktop with an ethernet cable any more. I don't have a lot of money to spend on this.

Thanks

"Listen, I don't do warning shots: From start to end, it's completely a climax. Say your prayers."

mduell
Posting Junkie
Feb 10, 2007, 02:35 PM

MadanKnightRyukendo  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 10, 2007, 02:53 PM

Anything that would be more commercially available? I plan on trying to get to a local mall today, and I'd prefer to try to get something today.

"Listen, I don't do warning shots: From start to end, it's completely a climax. Say your prayers."

El Gato
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 10, 2007, 03:49 PM

What mduell posted, I've seen at local mom & pop mac stores under different brand names. I'm sure you can find something if you check the local shops.

rjt1000
Senior User
Feb 10, 2007, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by MadanKnightRyukendo View Post
I'm looking for a list of at least compatible brands of PCMCIA wireless cards (preferrably G), if not a list of some specific cards.
WLI-CB-AG54 AirStation 802.11 b/g/a 54MBps... (WLI-CB-AG54) at OWC

MadanKnightRyukendo  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 10, 2007, 10:09 PM

What I don't get is the fact that I saw a bunch of Buffalo wireless cards at Circuit City and Best Buy today, but none of them said anything about being Mac compatible, and yet those ones are.

And there really aren't any smaller Mac shops in my area. The only one I knew of mysteriously closed.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Feb 11, 2007, 12:29 AM

There are very few Mac compatible wifi cards. I don't think you'll be able to find one locally unless you have a good mac shop around.

Forum Links
Forum Rules