Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Apple issues first 10.10.2 beta to developers and testers

Apple issues first 10.10.2 beta to developers and testers
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Nov 20, 2014, 10:19 PM

Just days after issuing the OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 update that has reportedly fixed a raft of Wi-Fi and Mail issues (but not all of them), the company has seeded the first beta of 10.10.2 for developer. The new build, 14C68k, is now available through the Yosemite Software Update mechanism or Apple's developer portal. The release notes for the beta curiously do not mention any focus areas, but do warn testers of a known flaw in opening documents from iCloud Drive.

A workaround for the iCloud drive flaw in 10.10.2 is to move files out of iCloud before opening. No explanation was offered as to why the problem has appeared, but suggests that Apple may be in the process of implementing improvements in the method for opening documents directly from iCloud Drive. Minor updates such as this one are generally released to the public within a short time frame: OS X 10.10.1 was unveiled after just three weeks of testing, less than a month after the release of 10.10.

Ham Sandwich
Nov 20, 2014, 10:20 PM

Great. Cause 10.10.1 fixed absolutely zero of the bugs that I reported.

marmotton
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2014, 11:22 PM

Beware: For me Yosemite 10.10.2 broke Chrome v39 (Chrome crashes every time at startup). Chrome v39 worked fine on 10.10.1

FireWire
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2014, 03:48 AM

are we gonna be able to use the Internet like we're not in 1990 again? it's embarrassing.. maybe steve was an asshole but things like this would never have happened, and if it did, some head would have rolled... since he died it's problem after problem...

bobolicious
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 21, 2014, 10:56 AM

Yose won't yet run on my i7 iMac:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

...and so many things used to be both easier & faster: like sorting mail (clicking the column header) or changing iTunes from mini to full window (one click) take more effort & time or even switches from mouse to keyboard. iCal notices can only snooze for 15 minutes vs choosing remind in 2 house or 2 hours before an event unless moving back into iCal - how could anyone consider this an improvement or upgrade in existing workflow...

I won't even go into the iCloud issues and EULA agreement notices that feel like pop up spamware, or the minimal privacy features & in fact erosion in Safari: http://sweetpproductions.com/safaricookies/index.htm

Apple may have added some nice new features, but the many many seeming downgrades in efficient workflow has me asking who designs this stuff, not to mention the orphaned software and hardware compatibility challenges..?

After a few attempts to migrate/test Yose (days lost, now testing mavericks, but even that prevents new hardware sales to apple) I may actually fully go back to snow... It works and works well. A mature, professional & robust GUI for Unix... Leave the new frivolity, bells and whistles to those who can afford the costs & related aggravation...
( Last edited by bobolicious; Nov 21, 2014 at 12:29 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules