Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Photoshop error message

Photoshop error message
Thorzdad
Feb 23, 2018, 03:15 PM

Every so often, Photoshop will throw me this message when I do a Save (not Save As...)
The disk copy of “filename.psd” was changed since you last opened or saved it. Do you want to save anyway?
Anyone know what that means? It seems to imply the file was changed without input from me.

andi*pandi
Feb 23, 2018, 11:48 PM

I've seen that before and always assumed the work network was being flaky.

reader50
Administrator
Feb 24, 2018, 05:01 AM

I assume a bug in PS, as no one is editing the file when you aren't watching. Have you switched to APFS? Adobe seems to have problems every time Apple does something major under the hood.

Of course, if you assume the error message is correct, more interesting possibilities come up. You probably didn't know about the split personality business, and have been shrugging off the missing time. btw, have there been any unexplained murders in the area?

Thorzdad  (op)
Feb 24, 2018, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
Have you switched to APFS? Adobe seems to have problems every time Apple does something major under the hood.
Nah. I'm on 10.9.5. (and CS5) and that's about as updated as I dare make this iMac. Anything more recent and some of the apps I use apparently start to get a little flaky.
( Last edited by Thorzdad; Feb 24, 2018 at 12:22 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules