Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > A New Two State Solution in the Land of Israel

A New Two State Solution in the Land of Israel
Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 7, 2007, 02:52 PM

Some leaders in the Land of Israel are now pondering a completely different two state solution - the founding of a new religious Jewish state of Judea, paralleling the ancient split of the Kingdom of Israel that occurred after the death of King Solomon into Judea and Israel:

israelinsider: politics: As Israel prepares to abandon territories, some Jews plan State of Judea

The parallel to ancient history and the benefits of such a move would be substantial. It's clear that the secular Israeli government is tired of representing Judaism and wants desperately to abandon some or all of the holiest Jewish land in order for a Hudna with the terrorist entities Fatah and Hamas. If and when Israel withdraws from Judea and Samaria, independence of the state of Judea can be declared. Israel can wash its hands and claim it has complied with the Road Map, while much of its population moves to the religious state.

The ancient kingdom of Israel in the north wanted to chase after the polytheistic religions of its neighbors and eventually was lost as a result of the spiritual genocide that severed its link to the holy covenant. The modern state of Israel is in a very similar position, which is why Jews should work toward estabishing a new Judea that will eventually subsume the secular state and declare sovereignty over all of the promised land.
( Last edited by Big Mac; Dec 7, 2007 at 03:05 PM. )

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Dec 7, 2007, 02:59 PM

And the movement is called the Judean People's Front. Or is it the People's Front of Judea?

Big Mac  (op)
Clinically Insane
Dec 7, 2007, 03:13 PM

Or how about the "Judean Liberation Organization," (JLO) - has a nice ring to it. But Jews don't play like that.

Terrorism worked great for Arafat and his successors - it created a false classification of people, gave him a new career after his exile in Tunisia, granted false legitimacy to an illegitimate cause, got him a Peace Prize and got Israel to surrender over and over again to murderous thugs. Illegal warfare and murder certainly paid huge dividends in that case.

On the 60th anniversary of Israel's independence, it looks like the right time for the independence of Judea.
( Last edited by Big Mac; Dec 7, 2007 at 03:25 PM. )

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Dec 7, 2007, 09:10 PM

Can someone post a map of what this is all about.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 8, 2007, 04:57 PM

Uh, "much" of the population? You mean the tiny group of ultra-zealous nut-bars? Can we send over the Christian rightists from North America to live there too?

The ancient kingdom of Israel in the north wanted to chase after the polytheistic religions of its neighbors and eventually was lost as a result of the spiritual genocide that severed its link to the holy covenant.
This is false history. YHWH didn't send the Assyrians to destroy the northern kingdom because they were heretics. BTW, YHWH didn't send the Romans to destroy Judea because they rejected Christ, either.

Spiritual genocide? What a tacky, tasteless phrase.
( Last edited by lpkmckenna; Dec 8, 2007 at 05:11 PM. )

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 8, 2007, 05:03 PM

The Tetragrammaton is Yod-He-Wau-He (YHWH). Just had to get it out.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 8, 2007, 05:11 PM

Oh shite! Fixinated.

/ God's name is actually "ehyeh asher ehyeh," right? That's what he told Moses. I wonder where this YHWH stuff comes from. I've read some obscure stuff claiming YHWH is derived from "ehyeh asher ehyeh" somehow. Maybe Big Mac will offer to clear it up?

// Ironically, the supreme god of the Assyrians was named Ashur. Maybe the burning bush was telling Moses that "I AM Ashur." Or perhaps Moses was being told "I AM Asar," the older Egyptian name of Osiris.
( Last edited by lpkmckenna; Dec 8, 2007 at 05:21 PM. )

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Dec 8, 2007, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
The Tetragrammaton is Yod-He-Wau-He (YHWH). Just had to get it out.
why?
ebuddy

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 8, 2007, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
why?
He was correcting me. I had spelt it YWHW.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 8, 2007, 05:27 PM

I like this quote from the article. It sounds like justification for more violence and bloodshed. And anything that promotes bloodshed in that part of the world is OK with me. The more people willing to fight and die for land over there is a good thing. Eventually, those willing to fight and die will either kill off themselves or give up on their willingness to fight. (That outcome is still centuries way but I think starting the fighting now is good as it will be that much sooner when those who are tired of fighting stop fighting. If major fighting between Arabs and Israelis/Jews were to start now I could see some progress towards peace in about 100 years.)

Originally Posted by linked article
Whereas Israel is saddled with the tension of being both "Jewish" and "democratic," the Judea that Shoher proposes would have no such conflict. "Being a profoundly religious Jewish state offers advantages in confrontation with Arabs which secular Israeli nation does not possess. Judea would be free to clear out Arab indigenous inhabitants. Following Hebrew biblical guidelines, Judea could use military measures otherwise unacceptable in the modern world?though the nations that decry them were themselves established in fire and blood--and unavailable to Israel."

If Hamas can apply Sharia law to Gaza, why can't Judea apply Jewish law? Shoher suggests: "Judea can forget the notion of civil rights and obey Jewish religious law. Unlike Israel, Judea can afford to stop non-Jewish immigration, directly or through inter-marriage of Jews with gentiles, and limit non-Jewish Orthodox conversions and other Jewish Reformist practices, which, though compatible with modern secular values, significantly water down the Jewish religious identity."
( Last edited by dcmacdaddy; Dec 8, 2007 at 08:25 PM. )
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 10, 2007, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
Can someone post a map of what this is all about.

45/47

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 20, 2007, 03:43 PM

Erm, Buckaroo asked for a map that shows what this is all about.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 20, 2007, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Originally Posted by peeb View Post
Erm, Buckaroo asked for a map that shows what this is all about.
This map shows the kingdoms of Israel and Judah prior to the Diaspora. I don't know of a map that will show how the proposed split would happen.
45/47

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Dec 20, 2007, 04:37 PM

Wow, this thread has helped me so much with my PowerBook.

Edit: Why is this showing up in the PowerBook forum?

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 20, 2007, 04:47 PM

It's not.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Dec 20, 2007, 06:21 PM

It did for me, in both the MacBook Pro and iMac forums for a few seconds. When I went back it was gone, but it's been showing up there intermittently (as well as other PL threads).

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
It did for me, in both the MacBook Pro and iMac forums for a few seconds. When I went back it was gone, but it's been showing up there intermittently (as well as other PL threads).
zap PRAM and repair permissions! Make sure your monitor is plugged in all the way and all peripherals disconnected.

ebuddy

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2007, 01:02 PM

Reboot with extensions off!

Dakar the Fourth
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2007, 01:30 PM

Delete your prefs folder.

Forum Links
Forum Rules