Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > airburst problem

airburst problem
rob5243
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 29, 2001, 07:09 PM

When I play airburst, the menus do not work properly. Some of the buttons do not work, or display the wrong menus. For example, on the main screen, the "QUIT" button does not work (I have to hit Command+Q to get out of it). The "OPTIONS" button displays the registration screen. I have tried reinstalling, using different mice, same problem. G4 466 digital audio, 384 RAM, ATI Rage 128, Mac OS 9.1

Thanks

Elvin
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 29, 2001, 10:10 PM

I noticed that I had this problem too under OS X, and the solution that I found is that when you first launch the game, click "OK" and not wait 5 seconds or click "Cancel". It has something to do with the screen resolution of the game. Hey, for version 1.0, other than this problem I haven't had a single problem.

If this doesn't fix it, just drop the creator an e-mail at his web site http://www.strangeflavour.com/

rob5243  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 29, 2001, 11:04 PM

thanks i'll send an email.

Elvin
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 30, 2001, 09:51 PM

For you and anyone else that is having this problem, you can still play the game by using the arrow keys and the space bar (to select things), if the mouse doesn't work.

Zwilnik
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 31, 2001, 04:20 AM

This problem is caused by the game being in the wrong resolution when running. Usually it happens under X if you hit Cancel or let the "Is this resolution ok?" dialog time out. Basically, the game is supposed to quit at that point if you cancel or let it time out (something I'll be fixing in the first update).
If it's doing it on 9.1 it's more odd, but it's more than likely that for some reason your screen won't go into 800x600 mode automatically. Assuming your screen can do 800x600 mode, try setting it to that manually before playing the game. If it doesn't, let me know as I'll have to consider adapting the game slightly for different screen sizes.

Aaron Fothergill
[email protected] www.strangeflavour.com
Aaron

rob5243  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 1, 2001, 10:11 AM

I'll see if changing resolution works.

Forum Links
Forum Rules