Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > how to do i fix this ?!?!

how to do i fix this ?!?!
deermatt
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2005, 12:18 AM

i went to charge my ipod , and somehow earlier in the day, i dented teh back of the ipod, and it was making a weird noise, so i took the back of the ipod off , and pushed the dent out, but now im not sure how to get the back back on? can someone help so i can get to sleep?
photography is beautiful

deermatt  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2005, 12:21 AM

ok scratch that, i got the back cover back on, but when i go to play a different band in my ipod, it makes this weird buzzing noise for like 4 seconds then stops and seems to work like normal, is the hardrive damaged/going to crap out shortly?
photography is beautiful

deermatt  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2005, 09:01 AM

no one? thanks ?
photography is beautiful

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jul 16, 2005, 04:57 AM

The drive is the only mechanical part of the iPod, and drives that make noise are FUBAR. So yes, unfortunately, my outlook on your iPod is not too optimistic.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

cleanup
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 17, 2005, 08:14 AM

Well, drives always make noise. Even when it was new, I remember my old 3G 15GB iPod's hard drive being audible (not too audible, you'd have to hold it close to your ears) when it spun up to fill its read buffer, and then you could hear its drive arms lock with a scratchy click.

But if the noise is fairly loud, like, you can hear it at arm's length, then that's bad.

Forum Links
Forum Rules