Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Help.....New powerbook freezing!!!!

Help.....New powerbook freezing!!!!
ncsurfer
Mar 16, 2005, 12:26 AM

Hi,
I just got a 15" combo powerbook 4 weeks ago(it has the scrolling trackpad), and it freezes. For some reason out of the blue when I try to open or quit iTunes the whole powerbook freezes. It can happen when nothing else is going, it can happen after it has been closed, it can happen after a restart, it can just happen at any time. When this occurs iTunes does not respond along with all other programs. I cannot force quit any programs and I cannot restart of shut down the computer. I have to force shut down by holding down the power button. I once let the computer try and work itself out for over 30 minutes and nothing happened. Is there something wrong or is this normal? I have 512mb of ram, do I need more? I don't think this is ram related but I know how OSX likes ram. Please, any help is appreciated.....
15" 1.5Ghz Aluminum Powerbook
30gb iPod Photo

Ω
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2005, 02:55 AM

Not lack of RAM related and not normal.

Is anything appearing in your console logs that might shed some light on the cause?

Also what hardware have you added?

If you do a search on the forums for a post by Detrius he gives a bit more info about the nature of crashes.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Mar 16, 2005, 02:58 AM

With a new PB, you might want to do a clean install.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Ω
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2005, 02:59 AM

Forum Links
Forum Rules