Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > What do you guys make of this? ...

What do you guys make of this? ...
cmeisenzahl
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 24, 2005, 07:00 PM

Odd.

http://www.anti-ipod.co.uk/

"The tiny and insignificant box of memory chips known unto us as the iPod is warping the minds of it's users (otherwise known as iPeople), rendering them incapable of communication and destroying our culture - why talk when you can inject yourself with another dose of musical disharmony through the syringe of the iPod? ipod babies

Simply so that you can grasp the sort of perverted and implacable minds that we are dealing with here when talking of the iPod producers, take a look at these somewhat disturbing pictures of babies:

Basically- iPods suck! Rise against this cult!"

cmeisenzahl  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 24, 2005, 07:03 PM

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 24, 2005, 07:27 PM

I think it comes down to people who can't afford an iPod and can't convince anyone they know to give them one, so they figure that iPods are evil. I disagree; these people are evil. Or just plain stupid and whiney.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

JazzCatDRP
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2005, 02:07 AM

This guy thinks WE'RE wackos?

"More and more people are beginning to believe that Apple (the company who make iPods) are monitoring iPeople everywhere, watching their every move and location gathering intelligence about it's users. It is now becoming a strong belief across the net that the FBI also have some involvement in the matter. "

"when you listen to iPods it is possible that a series of programmed high pitch frequencies undetectable by the human ear could be 'washing' your brain. "

"There is strong evidence that iPods have little aliens that live in them."

(I think that last one was a joke...at least I hope so.)

ncsurfer
Jul 25, 2005, 02:46 PM

is this guy serious? I don't understand why people hate ipods so much. I think they are afraid that windows will lose some of its monopoly. or maybe they are mad because it doesn't play video games......
15" 1.5Ghz Aluminum Powerbook
30gb iPod Photo

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 25, 2005, 02:49 PM

wankers.

MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Clamshell iBook G3 366MHz | 22" Cinema Display | iPod Mini | iPod shuffle | AirPort Express | Mighty Mouse

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 26, 2005, 03:46 AM

"when you listen to iPods it is possible that a series of programmed high pitch frequencies undetectable by the human ear could be 'washing' your brain. "
If I don't wash my brain, how am I supposed to get the grime off it? I am not putting the top of my skull back on. hell, I don't even remember where i put it. Last I saw, the cat was batting it around the living room.

Originally Posted by ncsurfer
is this guy serious? I don't understand why people hate ipods so much. I think they are afraid that windows will lose some of its monopoly. or maybe they are mad because it doesn't play video games......
Or they are mad because they don't have one and all the cool kids make fun of them.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Sveen
Jul 26, 2005, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by JazzCatDRP
That's what Steve meant with "insanely great".

GT3000
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 26, 2005, 10:14 PM

washing brains? maibe you have more distraction because you are listening to music, any way there is no way to the ipods cause anything to us (exept if you have the volume too hight it can hurt your hears), i think the music that people listen wash more their brains than a little ipod

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jul 26, 2005, 10:16 PM

Sponsored by Creative™.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 27, 2005, 09:16 AM

Don't you just love non-scientific crap like this? Any consumer audio product could do this-if marketed by an evil genius bent on ruling the world by warping the minds of millions and using them for his evil plans. However, all consumer audio equipment is also tested for silly little things like frequency response and total harmonic distortion-and anyone out in the world can test these items as well, using easily available equipment that shows EVRYTHING coming out of the equipment. And it turns out that there is NOTHING coming out of iPods but the recordings users put on them. Too bad...an evil genius usually has a lot of hot bikini babes with wicked martial arts moves hanging around with him. And "lasers," too. Let's not forget the "lasers."

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jul 27, 2005, 09:35 AM

Frickin' lasers™.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

GT3000
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 27, 2005, 01:39 PM

but none have became crazy by using an ipod yet, and if ipod represent 40% of their sales, i dont think that they will put on risk 40% of their sales trying to control users minds

Forum Links
Forum Rules